FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: where to buy jelly belly Halloween candy in stores?  (Read 6846 times)

Description: .com charging $55 shipping on $80 order

twinturbo

where to buy jelly belly Halloween candy in stores?
« on: October 01, 2012, 03:35:11 PM »
 :disappointed: No way I'm paying $55 on an $80 order from jellybelly.com. Even though they'd be shipping from a northern state to another northern state (average high of 68 degrees) they stated a "mandatory" warm weather ship fees through October. We've got a Halloween party to throw and the Jelly Belly candies are the best to manage with DS2 around.

I'm looking for the candy corn packs in big bag, Hello Kitty Halloween mallow cremes, Bamboozled, and whatever the generic Halloween multipacks are. Thanks for any advice, I'm going to call in to customer service to see if they will allow me to take responsibility for the candy sans their special warm weather fees.

Already tried TJMaxx and Target. Walmart is up next, any others? Ordering online always a plus but I worry about contamination especially since I've found JB products labeled Made in Thailand.

Thanks!

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
Re: where to buy jelly belly Halloween candy in stores?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 03:39:54 PM »
I find Jelly belly at the Paper Store(Hallmark type store, depending on where you live).  There and TJMaxx are the only places where I find the candy corn sort of items they make. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Online YouKnowWho

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 03:41:39 PM »
I found Jelly Belly Candy Corn jelly beans at Kroger (not sure if you have a derivative of that store locally).
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 04:29:10 PM »
I find Jelly belly at the Paper Store(Hallmark type store, depending on where you live).  There and TJMaxx are the only places where I find the candy corn sort of items they make.

This is not on topic, but I love the paper store. 

twinturbo

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 05:00:31 PM »
Wow that was the most jacked online ordering I've ever experienced. Sharing in case anyone orders directly from them.

They have an arbitrary warm weather shipping policy in lockstep with California weather that runs an arbitrary length of time through about Halloween where when a customer purchases creamy candy such as mallows or candy corn, that entire order must be expedited.

Corporate is a different office in a different state than the warehouse where products are shipped from. Corporate didn't really know what their website stated on shipping and how open ended "through October" meant. There was also an issue with a field to calculate estimated shipping which populates the most expensive ship options.

Were I to order again I would not choose to use the estimate ship cost function on the ordering screen because it may grossly misrepresent the most expensive option. I also would order the cream items separately from the non-warm weather required items so the bulk of jelly bean doodads are at regular ship price.

Nice people, bad online ordering process.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:17:03 PM by twinturbo »

Offline MandCmama

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 08:34:23 AM »
TJMaxx and Wegmans are the only places I've found them....
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of ‘18)

Offline jessma03

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 08:47:27 AM »
TJ Maxx is the only placei have seen them.
DS--Allergic to Peanuts,Eggs,Seafood,Garlic andmany outdoor allergies!!!

Online chase

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 09:42:37 AM »
In CA they are sold at Raley's Grocery Stores. 

twinturbo

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 07:37:55 AM »
The order arrived. I noticed most of the candy regardless of package size reads peanut free facility but the mallow cremes do not. I have to write a thank you to JB service rep who helped me out I'll ask her to also comment on the howa and whys which are labeled PF facility or not because my entire order came from the same facility to my knowledge.

I must say the packaging looks super cool. I may even put in a larger order for Halloween this order was for DS1's party.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 09:18:53 AM »
I saw (and bought!) small containers of candy corn at World Market.

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Mezzo

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 09:26:56 AM »
I found them at an independent craft store.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 11:36:12 AM »
I've seen some jelly belly brand items at Inside Scoop stores. I know that they sell them bulk but they also sell them in individual bags. Not sure which varieties (we have tree nut allergies here so we avoid jelly belly).
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA