FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Baked Dairy  (Read 5816 times)

Description:

Offline MaryM

Baked Dairy
« on: October 22, 2012, 09:40:02 AM »
Both kids passed their baked dairy challenge at Mt. Sinai last Friday!  On Saturday they both had another of the muffins we brought to the challenge.  Yesterday they tried Thomas'English Muffins and some plain Goldfish.  I bought Cheez-its but we have not tried those yet.  For some reason they make me nervous. I told the kids they could try them next weekend. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for other products we could try or have good recipes that follows the 1 cup of milk to 1 cup of flour ratio?  Both kids are also allergic to eggs.

Thanks!

Offline PurpleCat

Re: Baked Dairy
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 04:49:26 PM »
Congratulations!  What great news for all of you.

Can you make egg free pancakes?  We do with Bisquick and they are yummy!

Offline Ree

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 11:06:52 AM »
Congrats!! That's great news!!  We are on baked milk.. not sure if these follow the 1:1 ratio, but he also eats NutriGrain Bars, Pepperidge Farm cinnamon swirl bread, Keebler Vanilla Wafers (not Nillas, those have eggs).  I'm pretty sure Wonder Bread has milk, but we haven't made that switch yet.
DS1 (11) - PA
DS2 (9) - MA, EA, PA, TN (on baked milk for 1 year)
DS3 (7) - KNA

Offline MaryM

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 10:03:50 AM »
Thanks!  I'm not sure if pancakes with milk would be considered baked?  I'll have to ask the dr.  I do make really good egg free/dairy free pancakes!

I got some Nurtigrain bars and cinnamon swirl bread.  I'm a nervous wreck introducing these new foods.

Offline MaryM

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 07:25:50 PM »
DS absolutely LOVES apple cinnamon Nutrigrain Bars!  DD not so much.

Last night they had McDonalds fries.  The allergist said she thought they would be ok.  DS said "I'm lovin it" but a few minutes later said that the fries at Disney were better   ;D

DD is not a huge French fry lover so she ate some but gave the rest to DS and me.  I'm not sure  she is really related to me since fries are my weakness.

Cheez-it's this weekend.   

Offline joanna5

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 02:46:01 PM »
That is super exciting, Mary!  I have no ideas, but congrats on getting to enjoy baked milk with both kids!
David (10/04): Allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and mustard
Allison (9/06): NKA
Ryan (3/11): Allergic to milk and eggs

Offline GingerPye

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 05:55:43 PM »
oh, I knew you were going but I didn't see this until now. 
YAY!!!!

Congrats!!!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline MaryM

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 07:00:21 AM »
Thanks!  They tried Keebler vanilla wafers yesterday & wonder bread today.  It's crazy and great but I'm still very nervous.  DH ate all the cheez-it's during the storm so I bought a new box.  I may let them try them today after school.

Offline GingerPye

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 09:20:28 AM »
wow, I have a hard time imagining letting my kids do that!  That's so terrific!!
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline MaryM

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »
We are still doing very well with baked dairy but I am always nervous to try new things.  I was looking at the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls and wondering if those  might be ok if I made my own icing  The kids are wondering if there are any cereals with baked dairy so I need to look into that.  The allergist told me that I can bake with butter as long as it follows the 1 cup dairy to 1 cup (or more) of flour ratio.  I haven't tried that yet either.