login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Udi's  (Read 2450 times)

Description:

Offline anxious

Udi's
« on: October 22, 2012, 03:03:40 PM »
I see that some of Udi's products like the pizza crusts and some of the cookies state nut-free. Anyone try them? Dealing with PA/TNA.

twinturbo

Re: Udi's
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 03:16:33 PM »
Ok, check this out.

Udi's will label something NUT FREE on the front of a package with a nut warning on the back of the package. They use tree nuts but peanuts I don't know.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 07:37:43 PM »
I didn't think Udi's was nut-free, but I haven't looked in a couple years (and maybe egg was why we weren't letting DS have it).  We went to Whole Foods today to look for Fancy Pants cookies, but they didn't have any.  The bakery person directed me to the Udi's display.  So I bought Snickerdoodles and the Chocolate Chip cookies for DS to try tomorrow.

Here's info from their website:

Do your baked goods contain nuts?
Our baked goods are completely nut free and made in dedicated nut free (tree nut & peanut free) facilities. Some of our granola products do contain nuts, however these are made in completely separate plants from the rest of our gluten free baked goods. Additionally, our three new cookie varieties (Peanut Butter Coconut, Maple Pecan Chocolate Chip and Salted Caramel Cashew) are also made in a separate bakery. Please check out our product catalog for the list of ingredients in each of our products.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 01:48:16 PM »

Offline anxious

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 10:00:24 PM »
I've seen that where the item states Nut-free in the front but then in the back had nuts in the ingredients. Makes no sense.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 08:28:09 AM »
I really haven't run into this problem.  I buy the blueberry muffins mostly.  Occasionally one of the safe cookie flavors, but not very often.  I did buy their brownie bites to try yesterday.  Both muffins and brownie bites are labeled on the front nut free and no nut ingredients on the back.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 12:28:22 PM »
Anxious, did you call Udi's to let them know about the discrepency in the labelling?  What products did you find that way?  That is concerning and misleading for those products. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy