FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: dishwasher vodka  (Read 3197 times)

Description: anyone tried this?

Offline eragon

dishwasher vodka
« on: November 08, 2012, 06:40:01 AM »
decided to make some with some butter candy type sweets, and its in my dishwasher right now. am hoping i can give it as a birthday present.

also thought , that if this works might make some christmas versions.

has any one made flavoured vodka at home?
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: dishwasher vodka
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 06:51:57 AM »
OK, I found the dishwasher vodka on line, but I'm dying to know how you make candy in your dishwasher...

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 07:24:33 AM »
We have once made infused vodka.  Just soak it with fruit.  I think we did Pineapple.  Don't drink liquor anymore...
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 07:13:07 PM »
Sweet tea vodka is yummy.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Online rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 08:46:48 AM »
Sweet tea vodka is yummy.

Especially mixed with lemonade.  Cheap powdered lemonade seems to taste the best...
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 03:33:30 PM »
So rebekahc, I just took a sip of a diet coke as I was reading your post, and it's funny how I was fully expecting it to take like that.  And so very disappointed that it did not . . . .

One of my favorite restaurants in the town we lived in in Virginia made a drink with lemonade and sweet tea vodka--aptly named after a relaxing activity.  I miss it so.  And their bread. I never get to eat bread at restaurants, but they make their own, and they slice it Texas toast-thick almost and serve it with a tapenade.  Oh wow.  That combination and that drink are all I need.  My work going away party was there. It was the last time I had both.  :'( 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts