FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Hostess Cupcakes & Donettes.  (Read 13366 times)

Description:

Offline joshsmom

Re: Hostess Cupcakes & Donettes.
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2012, 08:44:05 AM »
They are not closed. The judge ordered mediation between union and corporate! Lets hope they reach a deal and don't shut down!

Offline brownie

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2012, 08:46:01 AM »
I believe the plants are not operating currently is what I meant...our store shelves are empty.  I got the last 2 loaves of Wonder bread at walmart on Saturday.
2 ds's with PA, TNA and avoiding all seafood

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2012, 08:52:30 AM »
I couldn't believe I went to 7 stores and NOTHING was left. Never occurred to me to run and buy it all.

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2012, 10:54:49 AM »
Possible rumor that Flowers Foods may buy some Hostess recipes. Anyone know how good they are at labeling? I've never used any of their products.

I was in the grocery store last night and noticed Bunny Bread makes mini donuts.  They are owned by Flower Foods.  This is the first time I've seen the donuts.  Here's the list of their brands...

http://www.flowersfoods.com/FFC_Brands/index.cfm

Offline Jessica

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2012, 04:16:16 PM »
In my experience Hostess has not been helpful when calling. They didn't want to give me plant codes and only wanted me to call about specific products at the time I wanted to buy them.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2012, 02:32:45 PM »
This information may not be helpful to most since it seems these bakeries tend to be regional, but I got a call back from Lewis Bakeries who is the regional distributor of the Bunny Bread products for my area.  I asked about the Bunny Mini Donuts that come in a bag, both powdered and chocolate.  I was told there is coconut on the same line, but no other nuts.  However, there are pecans in the same facility.