FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 208001 times)

Description:

Offline pitter patter

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2011, 03:21:40 PM »
What's in sticky chicken?n
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2011, 03:26:55 PM »
It's basically just a spice rub recipe - supposed to be similar to a rotisserie chicken you get in stores.

Recipe is here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/roast-sticky-chicken-rotisserie-style/detail.aspx

I've done it using the cooking method there (long cook in a low oven), but now I just always do it in the slow cooker.  It turns out moist and delicious, and if you strain the juices from the crockpot, you can make a really good gravy. 

I've halved the salt and had it turn out great.  Tonight I'm trying with only 1 teaspoon instead of four.  Oh, and instead of using two chickens like the recipe states, I use the same amount of spice rub on one large one.

Offline pitter patter

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2011, 09:18:45 PM »
Thanks!   It looks delicious!
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2011, 06:45:36 PM »
Sticky chicken is not as good with only 1 teaspoon of salt.  It might be ok if you hadn't had the other, but we noticed a difference.  I'll stick with 2 teaspoons from now on.  It's still half the amount, but tastes just as good to us.

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2011, 06:59:44 PM »
Last night was chili, tonight is chicken and dumplings in the crockpot.

Tomorrow will be chicken tortilla soup. 
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2011, 08:03:04 PM »
I definitely win the dunce  :dunce: award for the week, because in figuring out my weekly menu I managed to forget that tonight was the first night of Hanukah.  :crazy:

So, I had to revise my menu for tonight - Baked chicken, salad and of course, latkes.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline momtoAidenDeclan

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2011, 06:08:35 AM »
we love sticky chicken, here...I think that's the best crockpot, whole chicken.

Have NO idea what's for dinner the next two nights... had thru Wed. planned and I have Christmas eve and Day planned but nothing for Thurs/Fri :dunce:
Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2011, 11:35:05 AM »
Mexican mac and cheese version 2.0.  It was delicious when I made it last time, but I altered the recipe to hopefully make it better.  Has chicken now, corn salsa, and more seasoning.  We'll see how it tastes tonight.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2011, 04:05:58 PM »
Kale/veg/cannelini soup.  Spinach tortellini w/tomatoes for the menfolk.  Some leftover chicken for me.
N.E. US

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2011, 04:47:38 PM »
Broiled Maple-Dijon Salmon tails, rice pilaf, green beans sauteed w/garlic.  Salad.
N.E. US

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2011, 06:25:00 AM »
Last night DS's girlfriend came to dinner - chicken parm, spaghtetti w/garlic and oil, broccoli.

Tonight - who knows?
N.E. US

Offline Arkadia

• BANNED
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2011, 03:28:46 PM »
yesterday corn beef/reubens.

tonight:   potroast with all fat pockets removed,

this drenched in crockpot gravy (I make mine with a secret gravy):

http://www.lundberg.com/products/rice/gourmet_rice_blends/Lundberg_Wild_Blend%C2%AE.aspx

and chunky carrots and sweet onions roasted separately.
just tell me: "Hey, a***ole, you hurt my feelings!"

Offline momtoAidenDeclan

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2012, 04:20:12 PM »
Mexican Chicken Stew...trying to clean out leftovers and using a couple of canned good to make the stew/soup/chowder...smells yummy, we'll see...we will top with cheese and tortilla chips....we're skipping bread and salad...tho' there are onions, bell pepper, potatoes, corn and  black beans in the soup - so I don't feel too guilty about skipping making a salad. :hiding:

Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2012, 05:22:15 PM »
Needed to change up our fish routine tonight, so I bought some cod and broiled it with a little olive oil and Adobo seasoning until it was almost done.

Meanwhile, I made a sauce of sauteed tomatoes, garlic and a spash of vinegar.  (Would have added onion, but it was rotten inside.  Would also have added green pepper, but suddenly DS loathes them.  ~))

Took the fish out of the broiler and poached it with the tomatoes and their liquid.  Served with maduros and salad.  Quite yummy!  DS loved it.  :thumbsup:
N.E. US

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2012, 01:20:20 PM »
GN, I want to be your dinner guest!  You make a serious dinner every night!  Yum!
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy