FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 214270 times)

Description:

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #420 on: April 02, 2014, 10:38:23 AM »
Last night (got sufficient protein earlier in the day). I loooooooove yellow beets!  DH usually cooks the beet greens, too, but they weren't in good shape.

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #421 on: April 02, 2014, 05:43:13 PM »
Monday - Baked Chicken, zucchini, kasha (something you gluten free people might like to try - very light and yummy).

Yesterday was mushroom ravioli pomodoro, with some kale and cannelini bean soup that I made on Sunday.  Very delicious.

Today:  Perch with a bruschetta topping, basmati rice, broccoli.

The dudes are on their own tomorow - it's my late night at work.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #422 on: April 03, 2014, 03:29:22 PM »
Tonight is Italian beef sandwiches, corn on the cob, fresh kiwi.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #423 on: April 04, 2014, 08:08:18 AM »
Clam chowder, already going in the slow cooker.

Offline MaryM

« Reply #424 on: April 04, 2014, 05:31:04 PM »
Pizza and wine.  Not on my diet but it's been a long week.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #425 on: April 07, 2014, 03:46:43 PM »
Pork roast, probably with side salads.

I did not put the cheesy potatoes in the slow cooker early enough, and they are crunchy.  Which is unfortunate, because they smell really quite good.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #426 on: April 07, 2014, 09:16:46 PM »
Veggie baked chile rellenos. Yum. They were delicioso!

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #427 on: April 09, 2014, 07:21:28 AM »
Clam chowder, already going in the slow cooker.

I plan to try that in my slow cooker.  I decided I'll start with a potato soup recipe I like, then add clams and make any other changes I deem necessary.

~~~

Tonight is beef stew in the slow cooker.  I'm going to make some French stick bread as well.  Kind of debating adding garlic butter during the last few minutes of baking the bread.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #428 on: April 09, 2014, 09:19:09 AM »
SL, that is pretty much how I did mine.  I used canned clams (because getting fresh here is pretty unrealistic).  If you want to add cream or milk, do it at the end of cooking - long cooking with that in the crock pot doesn't make it inedible, but there are texture issues.

If you want more clam flavor, I have used bottled clam juice - here you can get it from the grocery next to the other canned fish.  I'm not sure if you can get it where you are or if it is safe for you, but my Mom has used Clam Better than Bouillon when she makes my stove top recipe for my brother.  It does have soy protein though, so I haven't tasted it.

This is the recipe that I use for stove top, if you wanted a starting point: http://www.chow.com/recipes/30303-easy-new-england-clam-chowder

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #429 on: April 10, 2014, 08:10:07 PM »
BBQ pork ribs and corn on the cob.  Because dsd has been begging for me to make it again since the first time a few weeks ago.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #430 on: April 21, 2014, 02:43:55 PM »
Chicken, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies, chicken gravy.

I love the kitchen in this house - it makes it so much easier to make big meals without getting too tired when I don't feel well.  I can cook the chicken in one slow cooker, and still have a place to plug in another slow cooker to keep the gravy warm.  And this way I can make the gravy in the afternoon so I don't get too tired pulling everything together in the last minute.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #431 on: May 10, 2014, 02:59:55 PM »
Tonight we are having home made poutine and probably wings.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #432 on: May 10, 2014, 04:07:33 PM »
Does poutine include the french fries?  Or is it just the gravy?  Curious.  :)  Do you cut and fry your own fries?  Can I come over, and is it ok to use ketchup?   :coolbeans:
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #433 on: May 10, 2014, 04:16:20 PM »
French fries with cheese curds covered in dark gravy.

Ketchup on gravy is gross. 

And this is the first time we are making it, so you might want to wait until we've done a bit of experimenting.  :). And we start with potatoes, cut the and deep dry them.  Usually we do wedges, but this time, we are doing traditional fry shape.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #434 on: May 10, 2014, 08:42:06 PM »
I canNOT do cheese curds. Tried them once. I didn't die, but the name grosses me out.  Such a thing here. 

I see cheese curds in the store.  You know there are a LOT of things I am used to seeing in the store in TExas that I don't see here, but only one thing to my recollection that I see here that I didn't there, and that is cheese curds.