FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 214775 times)

Description:

Offline MaryM

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #630 on: September 30, 2016, 02:35:10 PM »
Since DD opted out of the baseball game tonight and wants a girls night I decided we will cook together.  She LOVES dairy free chicken parm, so that is what we are going to make and we will make some homemade bread to have with it.  Not healthy but super yummy!

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #631 on: October 01, 2016, 11:28:48 AM »
I plan on making my husband and brother some waffles with farm fresh strawberries and chocolate sauce for brunch, and a vegetable pot pie for supper.

I will send them over to the farmers market to buy groceries when they wake up...
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #632 on: October 06, 2016, 10:00:30 PM »
I made loco moco tonight for dinner for the first time.  Saw it referenced on a cooking show and decided I could figure it out.

Hawaiian dish - Rice, hamburger patty, over easy egg topped with brown gravy.  I will have to try it with different meats in the future I think as well.

DSD said that she could eat it every day.  DH was disappointed that there were no seconds (I just happened to have two hamburger patties in the freezer.)  Only negative was that it took 4 pans.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #633 on: October 18, 2016, 12:13:36 PM »
This is lazy, but I made a sandwich that DH really liked for dinner a few nights ago, so I thought that I would share in case anyone wanted a quick dinner.

Chicken, topped with caramelized onion and provolone and bacon on an onion bun.

He was a huge fan.  If I made it again, I will probably do grilled chicken breast, but I used a breaded chicken patty because I was sick and would have had to thaw chicken to grill it.  Cooked the chicken patty, then topped with the onions and cheese and put it back in the oven to melt the cheese.  Toasted the bun a bit and then put the chicken and bacon on it. 

I used caramelized onions a lot in cooking, and almost always have a container of them in the refrigerator, so it was easy.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #634 on: October 18, 2016, 12:18:22 PM »
I love caramelized onions.  Sounds yummy, Janelle. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #635 on: October 20, 2016, 09:16:03 AM »
Making a big country dinner always makes me feel like a good mom, so that is what I am doing today.

Roast chicken, mashed potatoes and homemade gravy, corn casserole, green beans, and rolls with herb butter.  My house is going to smell delicious.  :)

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #636 on: October 20, 2016, 10:49:49 AM »
Making a big country dinner always makes me feel like a good mom, so that is what I am doing today.

Roast chicken, mashed potatoes and homemade gravy, corn casserole, green beans, and rolls with herb butter.  My house is going to smell delicious.  :)

I'll be over at 6:00!  ;D :smooch:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #637 on: October 20, 2016, 02:08:05 PM »
Beef stew, made with red wine and mulling spices.  I will throw in some carrots, celery, mushrooms,and  butternut squash. Rosemary potatoes in the side.
USA

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #638 on: October 20, 2016, 03:28:36 PM »
Hmmmm, how can I be at Hedgie's and Janelle's at the same time?

OMG, being home all week and not being able to cook is killing me.

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #639 on: November 02, 2016, 07:05:13 PM »
I made homemade butternut squash ravioli.  I tossed it in brown butter and sage.  Added candied walnuts (since DS is not here), and blue cheese. DH really liked it.  ;D
USA

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #640 on: November 08, 2016, 04:11:19 PM »
Grilled flank steak with cilantro chimichurri, oven roasted asparagus, fresh fruit.

Ummm...I bought a bag of cilantro today at the discount grocery.  It is roughly the size of a pillow.  Going to be making some cilantro sauces to freeze in the next day or so.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #641 on: November 09, 2016, 10:54:27 AM »
I just want mashed potatoes tonight.

And bourbon.

But I will probably be at the office.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #642 on: November 09, 2016, 11:28:19 AM »
I want chocolate cake for dinner.  And a drink. Actually, I would love a drink now.
USA

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #643 on: November 09, 2016, 01:10:33 PM »
May I suggest a chocolate martini?

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #644 on: November 09, 2016, 01:55:59 PM »
I had a glass of wine with lunch  :hiding:

Will definitely have more with dinner.
USA