login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 207634 times)

Description:

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #720 on: September 06, 2017, 08:58:50 PM »
That's what freezer food is for!
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #721 on: September 06, 2017, 09:32:11 PM »
So DSD didn't eat with us because she didn't want to before youth group.  Came home hungry and I offered her the rest of the eggplant pizza rounds or 'fend for yourself' food.  She told me the eggplant was scary and looked gross (I've never made it before) but agreed to try it when I said it had pizza sauce, mini pepperonis and cheese.

I don't have any leftover eggplant anymore.  ;D

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #722 on: September 07, 2017, 06:48:45 AM »
That's what freezer food is for!

Yes it is.  And it was amazing, if I do say so myself.  This is one of those dishes that improves after being frozen. 
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #723 on: October 03, 2017, 01:02:06 AM »
Trying to do better at making our food at home instead of letting DH and DSD go out - he needs to eat healthier and I want to save money for new kitchen appliances.

Tonight was chicken fried rice with bok choy for the family and a ham and cheese sandwich for me.  Making some banana bread and egg mcmuffins for breakfast tomorrow right now.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #724 on: November 02, 2017, 07:32:01 PM »
Creamy chipotle hummus pasta with sun dried tomatoes and spinach.  DS and DS were a fan, DSD says too spicy - I'll try a different kind of hummus next time.

Offline MaryM

« Reply #725 on: November 03, 2017, 04:30:36 PM »
Instant Pot shredded chicken tacos here.  Easy and yummy.  Homemade chocolate chip (and w/o the chips for my vanilla boy) cookies for dessert.  Of course, I ate a few too many cookies this afternoon so I should abstain but I am not sure I will  ;D

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #726 on: November 14, 2017, 05:34:40 PM »
Baked chicken that marinated overnight in balsamic vinegar and oil, then seasoned with garlic, paprika and coriander.  Served with roast butternut squash, cauliflower and Yukon Gold potato.  I'm swooning.  ;D
N.E. US

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #727 on: January 31, 2018, 12:28:51 PM »
Slow cooker lasagna soup, which will hopefully be ok, because I have never made it before.

Offline MaryM

« Reply #728 on: January 31, 2018, 03:54:32 PM »
That sounds good Janelle!

I made Shepherds Pie at DD's request.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #729 on: February 06, 2018, 11:09:04 PM »
I feel that all of you (aside from vegetarians and those that don't eat pork) should be sad that you were not here for my ham and bean soup tonight.  Because it was magnificent.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #730 on: February 07, 2018, 10:33:43 AM »
Yum!
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #731 on: February 07, 2018, 12:37:13 PM »
Drooling!
N.E. US

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #732 on: February 08, 2018, 01:07:30 PM »
Early dinner tonight, because DS has class.  He is not happy about it, either.  I am giving him a cooking lesson tonight, which I just told him, rather than asking.  We picked up salmon, and a few things that go with it.  I am going to show him how to cook it in a foil pouch.  It's one of the easiest meals to make, and he can flavor his however he wants.  A good skill for him to have.
USA

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #733 on: February 09, 2018, 01:06:03 AM »
Managed to do a quick, lazy dinner of slow cooker BBQ chicken sandwiches, some chips and cottage cheese.  I can't stand or walk for very long right now because of the pregnancy stuff.

DSD said the sandwiches were great and that I should make them again.  Bad news for her: I will try, but I pretty much threw a few frozen chicken thighs in the cooker and covered them with stuff that I did not measure at all.

Offline MaryM

« Reply #734 on: February 09, 2018, 06:48:32 AM »
DD is having hash browns and bacon for dinner tonight.  Her ride to the theater is coming at 5:10, so its quick and easy and she will be very happy with it.  The rest of us will have pizza.  Tomorrow I am making chicken fajitas - we will have 6 dinner guests and Fajitas are always a hit.  I miscounted the number of people here for dinner.  There will be 6 guests - I may have  buy more tortillas.. Come to think of it, I am not sure my FIL likes fajitas.  Oh well.  If I have time today I will prep all the veggies.  Sunday we are having pasta with meatballs and sausage and I will make homemade bread.  I hope to get the meatballs made today or sometime tomorrow.  Most likely tomorrow.