login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 213339 times)

Description:

Offline Janelle205

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2012, 09:33:59 AM »
Tonight:
Blackened beef filet, baked potatoes, steamed veggies, sliced kiwi, grapes.

Offline hopechap

« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2012, 11:29:51 AM »
never got to the minestrone, etc. got home with the groceries and kid at 6 and decided I really DID want to go to a friend who has a boutique's 'meet the artist' party at her store. DH took boy for sushi and I bought some earrings and a picture -- a humble night of soup became an expense extravaganza.  So with pretty earrings on I will resume today with the minestrone. 

and it is raining today, so all the better.

twinturbo

« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2012, 04:06:24 PM »
My dinner tonight is coffee. I don't even really like coffee.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2012, 04:10:15 PM »
More break fast leftovers.  I think they may be multiplying in my fridge.  We don't seem to making a dent in them, LOL.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline MaryM

« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2012, 04:33:11 PM »
I usually make homemade pizza dough on Fridsys and then dairy free pizza for the kids and regular for DH & myself.  The kids did not want pizza, DH is away on business so the kids opted for tofu filled ravioli (thank you Whole Foods freezer section!) and I'm having garlic balsamic chicken with broccoli & rice (DH & kids do not like it so I rarely make it...I cannot wait to eat  ;D

Offline hopechap

« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2012, 06:38:06 PM »
my good veggie dinner deferred again. too unfun for friday. pizza on way to house. veggies getting wilty in fridge.

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2012, 10:30:28 AM »
my good veggie dinner deferred again. too unfun for friday. pizza on way to house. veggies getting wilty in fridge.

With DH going vegan, I have veggies in meals daily LOL 

My biggest struggle is that he is following a diet plan that doesn't allow for oil to be used so I have had to work around that.   I have been creating batches of soups that can be frozen but many of our meals are predominately veggies with a place where I can add meat in for the rest of the family.

My kids are not old enough to have a vote that counts though :)  To an extent but not "the" vote if that makes sense.  I still have to cook with them in mind though.

Last night was butternut squash soup with apples (and several wounds thanks to the ultra sharp knife needed) with fish and corn on the side.

Tonight is leftovers because I am manning a pie throwing booth LOL
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2012, 11:16:23 AM »
YKW, could you use a crock pot to make things easier for you?  Throw a soup for DH in the crock pot in the morning, and then make whatever you want for everyone else?

Does he do potatoes?  You could do baked potatoes with a veggie chili for him and a meaty chili for everyone else.  Just trying to think of some things that would be easier.

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2012, 12:54:30 PM »
I was actually thumbing through a crockpot recipe book for the rest of us as a result.  I figure if I have 2-3 soups made per week and freeze in individual portions we will be good to go in regards to variety.  I just need to come up with a few more recipes that I can do this with LOL

He can tolerate some beans (ie a can in a big soup), is not big on tomato products, dairy and soy are out and balks at other sources of protein.  He can do potatoes and lots of other things though.  I just need to come up with recipes.

I will give him this, he is sticking to this diet for the most part.  Today he knew his limits and went to Burger King.  We are going on week 4 and he has been faithful for the most part.  But given past issues, I didn't build up a stockpile because he got turned off. 

He is ummm, pleased with the laxative effect and hasn't been dying from bloating or starvation which other plans have brought on  :misspeak:

And I do incorporate the higher veggie content into our diet because I think it is definitely needed but I refuse to skip oil (though I have cut down on dairy more for allergy reasons).  We will be fine once we get into our rhythm.
DS2 - peanuts
Southeast USA

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2012, 05:02:38 PM »
Italian beef sandwiches, mac and cheese, baby carrots and celery, sliced kiwi.

Offline hopechap

« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2012, 01:53:59 PM »
dried green peas, a TBLSP of miso, water, a bay leaf -- some carrots -- easy, easy soup in crockpot. Add fresh parsely or dill at end and serve with melted cheese on  baguette rounds
a super easy soup supper my dh loves. (with YKW in mind here) .

Tonight - mex chicken in crock pot

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #161 on: October 01, 2012, 02:38:16 PM »
:)  Thank you hopechap!

We are under a tornado warning with lots of ehhh, rainy weather.  Perfect day for veggie soup with quinoa on the side.
DS2 - peanuts
Southeast USA

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2012, 05:53:24 PM »
Lunch for DH today was: Nachos with leftover blackened beef filet, white and green onions, and roasted red bell peppers.  Celery and a banana.

Dinner for DH and step-daughter (not safe for me - beyond my tomato tolerance): Spaghetti with tomato sauce with onions and ground turkey.  Garlic bread.  Cottage cheese and grapes.

For me, leftover Italian beef sandwich.  It's the meal that keeps on giving - the roast that I cooked for it was HUGE.  Thinking I'm going to have to freeze some.

Offline hopechap

« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2012, 09:33:27 PM »
what is white and green onions?  I mean, I know what a white onion is and I have always been a little confused about green onions (do you mean scallions?) But it sounds like a side dish the way you listed it, Janelle ....?

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2012, 10:28:36 PM »
Was probably a little unclear - I put both chopped white onion and green onion (scallions) on the nachos.