imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 211531 times)

Description:

Offline hopechap

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2012, 12:52:51 PM »
oooohhhh :dunce:  I geuss I could have figured that out.

I think I'll torture my son with a green night.

green soup
green spaghetti

green tea ice cream

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2012, 04:28:19 PM »
Special treat for step-daughter tonight: Spaghetti Tacos.  Probably just going to do baby carrots, cottage cheese, and sliced kiwi as sides.  Leftovers and a baked potato for me.

Offline Mfamom

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Hermes
« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2012, 05:33:09 PM »
what is spaghetti tacos? 

really hungry for something good, but can't figure out what to make.  rainy and blah here
and 6:30pm lol
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2012, 07:56:22 PM »
Spaghetti Tacos = literally, spaghetti with meat sauce in a hard taco shell.

They're shown relatively frequently on the tv show iCarly.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2012, 08:27:43 PM »
oooohhhh :dunce:  I geuss I could have figured that out.

I think I'll torture my son with a green night.

green soup
green spaghetti

green tea ice cream
do you have a good source of safe green tea ice cream?  Ooooooh, how I would love that!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline hopechap

« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2012, 10:52:45 PM »
Not really. I went from purist -- Breyers only to reckless eat anything without peanuts directly in it.

BUT

I had killer (not in the bad ana. way) green tea ice cream that was homemade with some matcha powder.  Just get out the ole cuisinart ic maker and give it a whirl.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #171 on: October 05, 2012, 06:43:27 AM »
Where did you get your matcha from?  I've got my Cuisinart canister in the freezer...  ;D
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #172 on: October 05, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »
Why are my vegan meals multi-pot extravaganzas that take two hours to complete and our eaten without a word of thanks?  Not to mention leave me hungry 20 minutes later...

DH had the balls to complain that we never eat until 7 but rarely lifts a hand to help with kids, cooking, homework, etc.  And to really make it fun, often unleashes Em on me.

Mama is going on strike.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline momtoAidenDeclan

« Reply #173 on: October 05, 2012, 06:41:35 PM »
YKW  - lady, we've said it before you're too nice :grouphug:

I went to Sam's Club w/my mom so we had pizzas I picked up there and leftover salad...ds#1 wasn't here - at a friend's football game- so we have tons left over - no brainer for lunch tomorrow! ;D
Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #174 on: October 05, 2012, 08:10:35 PM »
Tonight was roast chicken, mashed potatoes and homemade gravy, steamed veggies, and cookies and cream yogurt for dessert.

Offline hopechap

« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2012, 06:52:50 PM »
Why are my vegan meals multi-pot extravaganzas that take two hours to complete and our eaten without a word of thanks?  Not to mention leave me hungry 20 minutes later...

this is one of the big reasons why I am scared to go vegan. much easier to throw a lump of flesh in oven. and the one vegan crockpot dish I made was truly awful .. the vegan restaurant in nearby town is sooo good. so its not impossible.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #176 on: October 07, 2012, 12:19:54 AM »
Tonight was creamed chicken on biscuits, steamed veggies, sliced kiwi, and cottage cheese.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #177 on: October 07, 2012, 04:43:55 PM »
Tonight: Baked potatoes with chili, sour cream, cheese, and green onions. Grapes and sliced kiwi.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #178 on: October 07, 2012, 05:20:48 PM »
We are having the coconut chicken curry, shared in crock pot thread.   I have tasted the sauce, and I think my spices are old.  There is not matching the fresh roasted and ground spices of authentic Indian food anyway, and my spices were at least a few years old, lol.  But it is fine.  still an hour to go, rice is simmerring. 

Kids will have Perdue cutlets and rice, lol,  and broccoli.  They would never try curry.  Dd would not even come look and smell!  Sensory overload witht he aroma in the house anyway, so she would not get too close. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2012, 06:45:33 AM »
I want to try curry so badly.  Afraid it will go over like a lead brick.  And because I have never had it (to the best of my knowledge), I am not sure if I could season to taste correctly.

So the cabbage rolls were tasty but a pain in the butt to assemble.  Probably because I didn't have savoy cabbage but just green cabbage.

Made peppers and onions with a bit of sausage, combined with noodles for the kids and spaghetti squash for the adults.  That was good!  My body is craving some protein.

I have more sauce leftover and noodles.  Debating on getting another squash today...
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA