FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: here we go again  (Read 6450 times)

Description:

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: here we go again
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 11:10:16 AM »
Any additional info on possible cause, SL?

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 10:05:58 AM »
pfft!  I think this is likely to remain a mystery reaction.

This information is Canada specific.

Kraft took a lot of information from me and will send a report to the specific area that the sugar is made.  But, the CSR also advised both my allergens are on their list of allergens they label for, whether added directly or indirectly.  They get letters from suppliers regarding allergen x-contamination.  At the end of our conversation she offered to send me some coupons to cover the cost of the sugar....I said as long as the product doesn't contain my allergens.....she was quiet, so I said "a jar of peanut butter won't go over well in my house".  Then she actually laughed, and listed off some products she has coupons for and let me chose a few.

Walmart needs to check with their supplier so I may not hear back for a few days.  But, the labelling on this product looks extremely good, and I've eaten it many times.

Nestlé, I confirmed that both peanut and sesame would be listed for x-contam.  I trust their labelling.

~~~~

I'm still feeling a bit nervous (?) about snacking.  Totally unrelated stuff.  I wouldn't eat this new brand of yogurt.  It's fruit-bottom (which is my favourite) but this is a new-to-us brand, and I just can't eat it.  DS and DH said it's really good.  Yet, eating cottage cheese I could do.

I realize this makes no sense.  And that's a good sign, I think.  I'm pretty sure this is just a mild case of PTSD.  And it's not that this reaction was serious....it definitely was not serious.....but it was enough to put me back in a place (mentally) that I don't want to be.  A place I seem to have to crawl out of every couple of years.  But, maybe a bit harder this time because, even looking back, I just don't really know for certain what caused it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 10:08:07 AM by SilverLining »

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 11:05:24 AM »
 :grouphug:

Well, while it's good news that there doesn't seem to be a good explanation (since that obviously would mean a total reevaluation of your trust in one or more manufacturers), I certainly understand how in the short term that is even worse...

since it means that you wind up having a diffuse sense of NOTHING being trustworthy until you manage to lock that anxiety beast back up.   Just don't listen to him while he whispers in your ear; anything that starts with "What if..." is bad news.

Well, you know.    Hopefully this period will pass quickly.   :heart:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 11:43:11 AM »
Just don't listen to him while he whispers in your ear; anything that starts with "What if..." is bad news.

:rofl:  I needed that laugh.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 01:08:07 PM »
Alrighty then!

maybe none of what I ate was the trigger.  I had a restless night last night and blamed it on stress.  However, one leg....I scratched the skin off in my sleep.  No, not the entire leg, just a small area.

Not sure if the reactions are stress induced
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
or just my bodies way of saying, "you seemed happy".

I will NOT allow this to be a new allergy.  Nope nope nope!

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 09:20:18 AM »
Just updating.

Whatever was going on seems to have stopped.  Stress level is also going down.  (Well stress about allergies is....to busy being stressed about other things, lol.)

Walmart called back and said no peanut or sesame in those chips.  I actually believe them.  I've eaten those chips for months with no problem, and Walmart Canada seems to be very good about labelling for cross contamination.

I'm still leaning towards the Kraft product as the cause.  I gave away the sugar.