FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: FAHF-2  (Read 20708 times)

Description: im trying it

Craig Langelier

A hidden cause of Allergies???
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 06:04:34 PM »
I realize this is outside the box thinking, but could it be environmental factors add to the epidemic of allergies?  I'd like to tell you a very brief and interesting story that will reveal things that few people are aware of.

Flying home a few years back, the person sitting next to me in first class (who was also flying home), was the top chemist for a large global company that manufacturers smokestack scrubbers for trash burning facilities.

I've produced hundreds of TV commercial, and after we talked about my commercials he'd seen... he told me his story.

He explained that the scrubbers extract particles from the smoke, including heavy metals, and create a sludge.  And that the sludge was used as the filler in sheetrock (or drywall), instead of gypsum.

He also named a sheetrock manufacturing plant in the midwest, that was being built specifically in the middle of several large new trash burning facilities.  And stated that he suspected the heavy metals in the sheetrock, might be the cause of the epidemic of allergies in children.  He also warned against cutting sheetrock, without wearing a quality mask.

Being a chemist, he went into detail about the heavy metals, but it was way over my head. He also state that using sludge in sheetrock was something relatively new.  I think he indicated it had been happening for only 20 or 30 years.

As far as the dangers of sheetrock, I know that many homes built in the Naples, Florida area, built between 2005 to 2010 have had to have all their sheetrock (and plumbing and wiring) removed, because the material in the sheetrock was toxic, destroying wiring and plumbing, and causing serious health issues. 

Any real estate broker in the area can tell you about it.  They refer to it as Chinese sheetrock.  But I suspect the sheetrock may not really be so Chinese.

In any event, hope this helps.