FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Dinner for the Week  (Read 48596 times)

Description:

Offline momtoAidenDeclan

Re: Dinner for the Week
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2012, 04:04:00 PM »
kinda making that up :)
Chopped up onion on bottom of crockpot
Frozen chicken breast into crockpot...pepper and garlic them.
2-3 cans of cream of ___ soup - one being broccoli cheese soup, another being cream of celery...depends on how much chicken put in there if I need a 3rd can.
Cook on low 6-8 hours.
serve with broccoli over noodles or brown rice.
Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2012, 04:50:11 PM »
Mmmmm, sounds like comfort food.  I'd love it.  DH wouldn't.  Maybe I'll just make some for myself!  :evil:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline eragon

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 03:53:41 AM »
This week,
sunday, roast lamb with rosemary and garlic, roast potatos and parsnip, yorkshire pudding, carrots, peas, brussel sprouts. mint sauce.

monday italian pasta and sausage cassrole, with warm bread roll.

tuesday lamb stew and dumplings.

wednesday bubble and squeak, pork chops.

thursday chicken pie.

friday chilli con carne rice

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2012, 06:10:11 AM »
Yesterday - spinach lasagna and salad.
Today - Lentil soup (for DH), pasta with turkey sausage, peppers and onions, salad
Wednesday - Fish of some sort, basmati rice, sugar snap peas, salad
Thursday - leftover Lasagna for DH; I'll eat something at work
Friday - Pizza!
N.E. US

Offline eragon

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2013, 10:52:44 AM »
ok, new year, now time to get back to planning meals etc.
 trying to stick to fish twice a week, and making the everyone have vit D supplement every day.

sunday,
roast pork, apple sauce, sage and onion stuffing, roast potatos and parsnip, chestnuts , cabbage, carrots, peas, gravy.

monday.
oven baked salmon, mashed potatos, broccoli.

tuesday.
paprika chicken, rice.

wednesday.
slow cooked spaghettii bolonaise, which is: beef with black olives, red wine,(some for the pot, a little for me) chicken livers, fresh basil, garlic. served with pasta,  green salad, garlic bread (home made and non dairy.) parmazan shavings.

thursday.
oven baked smoked  mackerel, boiled potatos, green beans (horseraddish sauce goes well with this)

friday.
no idea....its all too healthy for me, i suspect by the time i reach friday I want a nice chicken curry, and the kids want junk food.

hate january for food. fun food over christmas, now sensible eating.= BORING!
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2013, 04:06:35 PM »
ok, new year, now time to get back to planning meals etc.

YEs, this!  And since my work hours have become somewhat unpredictable, this is going to be extra important.  YOu can tell DS is home from school by the beef references.  ~)

Yesterday - Grilled steak, salad, challah bread.

Monday:  Chicken/spinach patties, wild rice, roasted squash, onions/garlic.

Tuesday:  Beef Chili/taco shells/fixins - shredded lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, cheddar cheese, scallions.  Salad.

Wedneseday:  Salmon prepared some way or another, salad, side dish TBD.

Thursday:  Refried bean enchiladas w/ fixins.

Friday:  Pizza!
N.E. US

Offline momtoAidenDeclan

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2013, 04:46:54 PM »
Sunday - Parmesan tilapia, broccoli, potatoes
Monday - beef stew and biscuits
Tuesday - greek skillet dinner - winging it - beefy mac w/a Greek flair (using ground turkey, tho')
Wednesday - mac and hotdogs for the boys/leftovers for us
Thursday - chicken quesadillas and refried beans
Friday - WHO CARES??? :evil: I am going out of town the boys are on their own! ;D
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2013, 05:07:50 PM »
Monday - Spinach lasagna, salad.
Tuesday - Black bean enchiladas, fixins, salad.
Wednesday - Roast chicken, kasha w/mushrooms, broccoli.
Thursday - They're on their own!
Friday - Pizza.
N.E. US

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2013, 05:48:49 PM »
I've got to be more consistent with this thread!

Monday:  Chicken Parm, Zucchini and Spaghetti w/garlic and oil for DH and DS; Thai leftovers for me.  ;D
Tuesday:  Roast chicken, zucchini, couscous with chopped veggies
Wednesday:  Stir fried chicken with snap peas, green beans, carrots, peppers, scallions, garlic and udon noodles (not safe, unfortunately)
Thursday:  DS is in charge of cooking
Friday:  Pizza for DS and DH; GNO with my 2 ex-roomies for me!
N.E. US

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2013, 09:42:08 PM »
Oh, I have every intention of posting in this thread, but this was not hte best week for it:

Monday (theatre rehearsal then band concert): DS ordered from Dominos to deliver at school--ordered a sandwich while his friends ordered the pizza. I had know idea the sandwich there was safe. Grrr.  DH and I thought we were picking him up for dinner but then didn't so went out to eat. The only safe thing for me was the gourmet-ish mac and cheese, which I sent back initially because of the chopped parsley topping it. Ick. (texture thing)

Tuesday (theatre reheasal then choreography rehearsal with a two hour break in between): Pizza from nearby pizza place--or he got the pizza at a nearby coffee shop (has been safe) while he did homework before walking back to school for choreography.

Wednesday (theatre rehearsal):  We were supposed to head to church for a weekly Wednesday potluck and youth group/ adult discussion group, but DS and I skipped out. He has too much homework.  So for dinner!!!!  Yes!!!! I cooked dinner!!!  Tortellini with a Lucini tomato and artichoke sauce.  I cooked spinach with the tortellini and sauteed onions, carrots and squash and stewed the in the sauce for a bit.  Yummy!

Thursday (theatre rehearsal, oboe lesson in the city, choreography rehearsal: It will be a sandwich.  He will eat in the car between oboe and choreography.  I'll make him a cheese slider (DH made some rye rolls this week) and will bring some mini yellow and red bell peppers stuffed with veggie cream cheese and spinach.

Friday (theatre rehearsal and two hours later at school meeting with his speech coach): Dinner out I guess.  Or a picnic in the car. 

Maybe in March we'll have dinner home again.  Maybe in March we'll get to play games again, too.  :)
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2013, 06:13:15 AM »
Oh, that tortellini sounds heavenly!  Gawrsh, why do I have to love pasta so much?  Why???
N.E. US

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2013, 05:19:40 PM »
Sunday - Mushroom Agnolotti, Salad
Monday - Blacked salmon fillets, salad, wild rice, chicken/veg soup (for me)
Tuesday - Chicken Adobo, Maduros, Broccoli
Wednesday - Spinach Lasagna, Salad, Garlic Bread
Thursday - ???
Friday - Pizza!
N.E. US

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2013, 06:37:22 PM »
GN, care to share your chicken-spinach patties recipe? 

I had to google   Maduros.  Though I have made fried plantains many a time, lol.  Now I have a fancy name for them.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:39:32 PM by becca »
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline eragon

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2013, 06:57:50 PM »
been dieting since new year.

apart from the on going craving for booze, fat in any form, cheese, chocolate, potato crisps etc I have been fine. ~)
I walk a LOT, to stop eating and to stop the stress. but hey ho, lost a chin and bit of tummy.

friday was fish curry. ( I almost vomited at the taste, but strangely husband liked it. I had a diet microwave meal. which was bland, but nice. am NEVER eating fish curry again)

today, chicken breast cooked with veg, garlic , fresh basil and tomato. it was bland crap really. served with green salad, and sweet potato wedges.

sunday roast lamb ( just a thin slither, to give faint taste in our mouths) kids will be eating lots of this. diet roast potatos, veg, etc.

monday.
beef meat balls , tomato sauce and pasta. ( tomato sauce quite acidic, but daughter cooks this meal so cant complain)

tuesday.
paprika chicken and rice. we have had this a lot, so its getting boring.

wednesday. pork steaks, celeriac mash, green veg of some sort.

thursday.
salmon fillets for everyone but me, I cant eat any fish with the good oils unless I have a access to gaviscon through out the night and a bucket to vomit in. So i will have haddock or cod. oven baked. with some sort of carb, and veg.

friday.
chicken curry. made with fat free yog. kids have junk food.

no wine. no choc, but eventually some sort of decent waist size.

Offline momtoAidenDeclan

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2013, 02:42:27 PM »
Looking for ideas for QUICK, easy dinners...baseball is here...we have games/practice 4 nights this week and dh is out of town for 2 of those....
Sun. burgers on grill w/potatoes and salad
Mon. quesadillas,refried beans, fruit (have left over chicken to put into quesadillas)
Tues. hotdogs/mac-n-cheese and fruit
Wed.  veggie burgers and frozen french fries  :hiding:
Thurs. egg sandwiches and fruit
Friday - I WILL COOK!  ;D
Sat. - games but I will cook...maybe something that can stretch out for the week

Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA