FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: British Airways and Heathrow airport  (Read 2419 times)

Description:

Offline Irene

British Airways and Heathrow airport
« on: January 14, 2013, 02:26:48 PM »
Has anyone flown British Airways?  I read on their website that they don't serve meals containing peanuts (but have tree nuts.)  Are there any safe places to eat at the Heathrow airport terminal for someone with nut and shellfish allergies?  Thanks!

Offline ChloeMom

Re: British Airways and Heathrow airport
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 08:31:14 AM »
I'd check with the airline.
It depends on which terminal you'll be in as to where you eat but the UK have pretty strict guidelines about labelling, places like pizza express and pizza hut have allergy labels on their menus. Otherwise you could get takeaway food, sandwiches, pasta salads etc from places like Boots and WHSmith. I'd be wary of coffee places as they may claim to be nut free but often have things out in the open and serve almond croissants next to regular ones.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: British Airways and Heathrow airport
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 05:30:18 PM »
Thanks for the great info, Chloemom. 

We'll be traveling through Heathrow later this spring with nut and shellfish allergies as well-- luckily not the same person, though.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.