login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: San Francisco airport  (Read 2262 times)

Description: where to get safe food?

Offline Irene

San Francisco airport
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:00:37 PM »
Hi,
Does anyone know if any restaurants at SFO can provide a safe meal for nut and shellfish allergies?  I think there is a Burger King but I'm not familiar with the other places.  I'm also wondering...the BK at the airport should be the same as other BK and be okay, right?  I mean, it's not like this is a BK in the airport in another country...
Thanks,
Irene

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: San Francisco airport
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 09:29:23 PM »
My BK fried their french fries in the same oil they fried their fish in.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

mgoff

Re: San Francisco airport
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 05:39:22 PM »
Hi,

I fly through SFO often but have not eaten at any of the restaurants in the United terminal or International terminal.  Normally I will buy grocery like items from them though like yogurt or juice.  I have seen signs in some places stating that cross contamination can happen.  In the main food court area for the United terminal there is a pizza place and a diner that might be okay.  Sorry, but I normally just bring my own food and buy beverages at the airport.