login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Survey on Thresholds from FARE  (Read 24826 times)

Description: Take the Survey to Give them Your Feedback

Offline LinksEtc

Re: Survey on Thresholds from FARE
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2014, 08:57:02 PM »
From FARE email:

Mary Jane Marchisotto, senior vice president of research

Marchisotto and Laurie Harada, executive director of Anaphylaxis Canada, together with other advocates and researchers, are working on a paper examining patients’ attitudes toward food allergen threshold labeling, which will be submitted for publication.

Reminds me to try & get to this thread soon ...
Docket FDA-2008-N-0429 - Advisory Labeling Comments & Info

Offline LinksEtc

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2014, 11:06:17 AM »
Tweeted by @AllergyEducator

Understanding food allergen thresholds requires careful analysis of the available clinical data

Steve L. Taylor, PhD, Geert F. Houben, PhD, Joseph L. Baumert, PhD, Rene R.W.R. Crevel, PhD, Katrina J. Allen, MD, PhD, Anthony E.J. Dubois, MD, Andre C. Knulst, MD, Benjamin C. Remington, PhD, Astrid G. Kruizinga, MSc, W. Marty Blom, PhD, Simon Brooke-Taylor, PhD
Published Online: November 21, 2014

-----

I can't seem to get access to this article, but my guess is that some of you will find it interesting.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2014, 10:43:41 AM »
analysis of the available clinical data

What, and pretend that the stuff that IRB's won't approve just-- doesn't MATTER??

:insane: :dunce:

Sorry, but I have not got a lot of patience for this kind of thing.  That's just lousy science.

I mean-- does ANYONE truly think that designing a braking system in a car can just, I dunno...   ignore friction in doing calculations?  Because it's too hard to measure or something?

No?

Well, then, why is it okay to IGNORE the people who face the largest risks of death from cross-contamination when crafting policies to (nominally, clearly-- because it's far from pragmatically so) "protect" food allergic consumers.

I'm not buying it.  This is about protecting food manufacturers from liability, and giving them a pass on disclosure.  Nothing more.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline LinksEtc

« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2014, 08:14:00 AM »
Tweeted by @AllergyEducator

"Food Allergens: Impacts and Challenges"
http://toolbox.foodproductdesign.com/Videos/2014/12/FTTb-Food-Allergens.aspx

Stephen L. Taylor, Ph.D.

------------------------------------

Tweeted by @eliza68

"How much is too much?: Threshold dose distributions for 5 food allergens"
http://www.jacionline.org/article/S0091-6749%2814%2901590-5/abstract