FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: DD - Anaphylaxis Yesterday  (Read 7829 times)

Description:

Offline MandCmama

Re: DD - Anaphylaxis Yesterday
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2013, 02:42:33 PM »
I accidently stuck my self with a real epipen while training a new babysitter last year  :hiding: There was a bit of a sting, but I thought I just swung too hard and hit my vericose veins.  It wasn't until the blood began running down my leg (I did indeed hit a vericose vein) that I relized what happened.  For the size of the needle, I would expect it to hurt lots more...and when adrenaline is pumping, I'm sure you would feel it even less!
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of ‘18)

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2013, 03:17:56 PM »
I wrote to the bakery , told them our story, noted that they are not required to list any sesame allergen warnings, and asked them to consider adding a sesame warning on their labels in the future.

I got the nicest note back written by the gentleman who originally spoke with me about the safety of their pita bread.  He expressed such genuine concern for DD and really took to heart what I asked.  He is going to bring it to the attention of the bakery owners, etc... for consideration.  I couldn't have asked for more.  What a great response.

DD continues to do very well!  She was quite impressed with the note I received.

Offline MandCmama

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2013, 02:32:51 PM »
Glad to hear there are no lasting ill effects  :heart:
And a positive experience with the bakery is a bonus  :thumbsup:
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of ‘18)

Offline brownie

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2013, 03:14:42 PM »
OK I need a clarification.  Steroid via IV doesn't help?!  We've not needed them yet but I would have assumed that was the number one best course of action.  So can they give epinephrine via an IV or is it an Epi-pen only?  Because I'll give another epi myself if the ER argues with me!

BTW I gave ds a chocolate bar with a may contain warning on the road.  Could have been worse...I had given the same chocolate bar to my 2nd ds who is also allergic, but he hadn't opened his yet.  We only had to find an ER for one kid and it did not progress pass a queasy stomach and a touch of sensation in the throat.  Benadryl cleared it up.  And yet I still wonder if I made a mistake not giving the epi.

Brownie
2 ds's with PA, TNA and avoiding all seafood