login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Sources for (tree)NUT-free peanuts  (Read 17126 times)

Description: For food challenges and other reasons

guess

Re: Sources for (tree)NUT-free peanuts
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 11:46:48 AM »
What about in shell?  Would that be too dusty for other child's threshold?  Can they eat them outside so the shelling doesn't happen indoors?

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2014, 05:02:10 PM »
Allergic child has never had a reaction.  He was tested by previous allergist when his allergies went haywire and numbers are still high enough that allergist doesn't want to challenge without the new test (which insurance won't cover  :tongue:).

I was just looking for ease though.  Can probably put Em and DS1 outside to shell them (wondering how many they can shell that will stay fresh for a few weeks).
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

ERM

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 11:10:14 AM »
This is very helpful.  Did anyone find a peanut butter that is TREE NUT FREE?  Or is the search still on?  Thanks

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 10:04:23 AM »
For that, I think that I'd try a local food co-op or whole foods style grocery that does the grind-your-own stations-- and check the safety of their peanut source.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 08:46:06 PM »
This was posted on one of my FB groups...very helpful for anyone doing a challenge or with a kid like mine who is not PA.

https://nutfreenewyork.com/2016/07/20/nut-free-peanuts-and-peanut-butter/

Elena

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 02:17:14 PM »
This is very helpful.  Did anyone find a peanut butter that is TREE NUT FREE?  Or is the search still on?  Thanks

Wowbutter!

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 03:57:50 PM »

Wowbutter!

Isn't Wowbutter made from soy and peanut free?  I think in this thread people with tree nut allergies are looking for safe peanut butter.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2016, 08:54:08 AM »
i saw the list Hezz posted but have concerns about tree nuts contaminating the peanuts before the factory.  We have been using Sneaky Chef No Nut Butter (golden pea butter) for DS2 and Em.  Sun butter, Wowbutter and Biscoff spread are off table due to soy and sunflower.  I found Sneaky Chef at Target which I am sure they will discontinue shortly and on Amazin as an add on.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA