login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Help with the Board Functionality  (Read 21845 times)

Description:

Offline LinksEtc

Re: Help with the Board Functionality
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 02:26:57 PM »
It's back to normal for me now ... my  :evil: was where my quote button was supposed to be & if I clicked on the evil smiley, I got a quote instead.

Maybe my quotes have been evil lately?     :evil:

Strange.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 03:13:31 PM »
It's back to normal for me now ... my  :evil: was where my quote button was supposed to be & if I clicked on the evil smiley, I got a quote instead.

Maybe my quotes have been evil lately?     :evil:

Strange.

Lol.

More likely the powers that be were doing some tweeking. 

Offline poppie

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 01:19:57 PM »
Hi, New on this site.  Every time I want to post something or reply do I need to go through the routine of verification, every single time?  because I can understand that when you first log on, but not constantly, have I got that wrong, I hope so as most people have not got the time to fill in three different questions before even posting anything...

Offline admin rebekahc

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 03:10:33 PM »
Hi, New on this site.  Every time I want to post something or reply do I need to go through the routine of verification, every single time?  because I can understand that when you first log on, but not constantly, have I got that wrong, I hope so as most people have not got the time to fill in three different questions before even posting anything...

To deter spammers from hitting in the middle of the night and making tons of posts, we have it set to verify for a certain number of posts, but it should be just a verification - not the security questions.  Most spammers don't have time to mess with it.  Once you reach that number (it's pretty low, I promise!), it'll no longer happen.

I will go into settings, though, and see if something was accidentally clicked that added the security questions to the post verification process.

ETA:  I looked into the settings and there is no longer a way to separate the verification from the two security questions - sorry!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:54:33 PM by admin rebekahc »
TX USA