FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself - We're Glad You Found Us!  (Read 152610 times)

Description:

Offline MamaBear

Re: Introduce Yourself - We're Glad You Found Us!
« Reply #390 on: May 20, 2016, 12:38:12 PM »
Thank you both!  :)
DS- eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, environmental, and eczema

Offline HappyMommy

« Reply #391 on: May 21, 2016, 10:42:58 PM »
Hi, I'm Mary and I have a 16 month old who is allergic to peanuts, wheat, eggs, and corn! I found a few things he can eat aside from a strictly "raw" diet but I would love any suggestions on other snack foods and any other advice on having a toddler with these allergies or similar allergies!
'

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #392 on: May 22, 2016, 07:31:49 AM »
Welcome Happy Mommy!  I'm sure you'll find great advice here.  We have super-smart and allergy-savvy members, who among us are allergic to pretty much everything.  ;)

My elder son (who outgrew all his allergies) was allergic to wheat, milk, and soy when he was younger, and I do remember finding portable snack items challenging.  I think there are more options now, especially if you check out the gluten free sections of your grocery store (which didn't exist 25 years ago!).

Has he seen a board certified allergist?  Which allergy tests has he had?  I'm asking because SPT has lots of false positives.  What kind of reactions has he had?

Looking forward to seeing you around.

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline AdrianaPA

« Reply #393 on: May 25, 2016, 01:57:46 PM »
Hello - my name is Adriana (obviously!) and I am a mother to one child, an 11 yr old girl who is anaphylactic to peanuts. I should add that she has tested (very slight) positive in the past to hazelnuts but she eats them without issue so we keep it in her diet and monitor her closely for that.

I'll be spending much of my time here reading and catching up to the information about research being shared. Its almost a hobby of mine to learn all that I can to help her.

Im most interested to read what you all have done in terms of seeking treatment, daily practice of avoidance, and possible supplements that might help.

I'll share more as I can but I'd like to reveal up front that she is currently enrolled in a clinical trial. I have great expectations and nerves on end as a result and will share with whomever is interested. Thank you for reading & for creating/sharing this community.

Offline rebekahc

« Reply #394 on: May 25, 2016, 02:11:21 PM »
Hi Adriana and welcome!  :bye:

Most of the threads on things you're interested in can be found in the Main and the Research & News sections of our boards, but feel free to start your own threads about any topic you want to discuss.  If it's something we have a lot of info/discussion on, someone will point out the specific threads.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline AdrianaPA

« Reply #395 on: May 25, 2016, 04:29:51 PM »
Thank you!  I'm feeling my way around and trying not to get too sidetracked.  ;D

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #396 on: May 25, 2016, 05:24:56 PM »
It's easy to get sidetracked here!  Welcome Adriana!!!
N.E. US

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #397 on: May 25, 2016, 06:59:17 PM »
Welcome! We never get sidetra... Ooh, shiny thing!  ;)

Feel free to look around and post any questions you may have. This is a friendly, resourceful, and very supportive community.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline AdrianaPA

« Reply #398 on: May 25, 2016, 09:36:42 PM »
Thank you for the kind welcome posts. I look forward to participating. One question though - is there anyway to avoid the captcha box + spelling allergy backwards + suzy's blue eyes?  Or is that the price of admission?

Offline rebekahc

« Reply #399 on: May 25, 2016, 10:50:57 PM »
You should only have to do the questions for registration (robots can't answer them). The captcha will stay until you reach a certain number of posts (to deter hit-and-run spammers).

I know our software was updated yesterday, so I'm wondering if that messed with the registration process.  I'll have to double check all the settings when I'm on my computer tomorrow.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline AdrianaPA

« Reply #400 on: May 26, 2016, 05:43:11 AM »
OH, ok. I'm glad I asked. Since I've only posted a few times I figured it was because I'm new.  Just so you know I'm definitely having to answer all three each time I post. 

I guess I better post in a flurry to get past that!

Offline admin rebekahc

• Administrator
« Reply #401 on: May 26, 2016, 07:58:35 AM »
It now appears that I can't separate registration verification and post verification requirements.  So, I've reduced the number of posts that have to be verified so we are more welcoming to our newest members.  I hate to punish legit posters while trying to prevent spammers.  :yes:
TX USA

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #402 on: May 26, 2016, 06:03:42 PM »
 :bye: HappyMommy and AdrianaPA!  Welcome!

Offline SunflowerFree

« Reply #403 on: June 01, 2016, 11:40:17 PM »
Hi everyone!  :bye: I recently had some allergy testing (more to come) and found I am severely allergic to sunflower, moderately allergic to ragweed, and sensitive to wheat.  I cannot tolerate lactose, but do not have a milk allergy.  I am stunned by how many foods have sunflower oil and lecithin in them.   ???  Even my hand lotions and hair products have sunflower oil!

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #404 on: June 02, 2016, 06:32:48 AM »
Hi Sunflower! 

What kind of testing did you have done?  And, have you been eating Sunflower with no problems up until now?  What symptoms were you having?
N.E. US