Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself - We're Glad You Found Us!  (Read 47731 times)

Description:

Offline PurpleCat

Re: Introduce Yourself - We're Glad You Found Us!
« Reply #420 on: January 15, 2017, 09:10:30 AM »
Welcome!  Jump in!

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #421 on: January 15, 2017, 03:16:38 PM »
Hi Sunshine!

So glad you found us!  What are you allergic to?
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline Sunshine_burn

• Allergic to life
« Reply #422 on: January 15, 2017, 04:03:09 PM »
I am allergic to the following:
Dusts
House dust
D farinae
D ptero
Epidermal and grass
Cat pelt
Bermuda grass
Rye perennial grass
Molds
Alternaria
Paecilomyces
Trees
Birch
Red cedar
Western juniper
Olive
Careless pigweed
Foods
Apple
String Beans
Beef
Cantaloupe
Carrots
Cashews
Coffee mix
Egg white
Egg yolk
Shrimp
 :-/
Just to name a few: Apple, String Beans, Beef, Cantaloupe, Carrots, Cashews, Coffee mix, Egg white, Egg yolk, Shrimp

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #423 on: January 15, 2017, 07:00:28 PM »
Welcome!

That is a pretty overwhelming list.  I hope you are able to find some resources here to help you deal with your new allergies: finding a certified allergist that specializes in food allergies, carrying epinephrine at all times, having an allergy action plan (how to recognize and treat allergic reactions), and doing allergist-supervised food challenges for any items on that list that may be false positives (foods that you may show allergic to on tests but can eat without allergic reactions.)
anaphylaxis to tree nuts, peanuts, and potatoes; severe dairy intolerance; vegan (preference)
family members allergic to dairy, egg, peanut, sesame, shellfish

Offline Sunshine_burn

• Allergic to life
« Reply #424 on: January 16, 2017, 01:08:43 AM »
Thank you! Yes it took about a day or so to take it all in after the test! I have an awesome allergist, epipen on me and in my home and work, also great work friends who know my plan and what to do! (Helps that I work in an ICU😆) I have done the food challenges, twice actually, and all are sadly true, except Cantaloupe, never eat it anyway so didn't see the point in trying.
I really appreciate how supportive everyone on the board has been already, so glad to be a part of it.
Biggest struggle right now is fighting cravings for things that I can't have anymore, but exploring new food options has been interesting!
Just to name a few: Apple, String Beans, Beef, Cantaloupe, Carrots, Cashews, Coffee mix, Egg white, Egg yolk, Shrimp

Offline Forever Blue

« Reply #425 on: March 10, 2017, 02:24:09 PM »
Hi Everyone!  I'm from Southern California.  I'm wondering if my new discovery of food allergies is the cause of why I've been feeling a certain way for going on 1.5 mos.  I'm glad I found this board & I hope to learn a LOT here!   :)

Please go to my thread below & give your input if possible:

Food Allergies (Questions)