FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself - We're Glad You Found Us!  (Read 153136 times)

Description:

Offline mom2AnH

Re: Introduce Yourself - We're Glad You Found Us!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 07:18:29 AM »
 :bye:

Hi everybody! :)

Offline kouturekat

• formerly ryansmom
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 07:49:47 AM »
My old username and password did not work, so I created a new one.  It has only taken me 12 years to do so! 
Formerly RM, ryansmom,

“I’m well aware I’m not everyone’s cup of tea…I’d rather be someone’s shot of tequila anyway.”

Offline AllergyMum

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 08:23:14 AM »
Missed everyone, so glad to be here  :smooch:
DS - Dairy, Egg, PN, TN, Drug allergies
Canada

Offline AdminCM

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 10:30:50 AM »
I'm going to explicitly state this here--

if I can verify WHO you are (and were at hyperboards) I am automatically moving your post count onto your new account HERE, but only if you are using the same username.

I don't want to "out" anyone if they truly DO want to 'start over' from scratch, that is, but familiar people and usernames should automatically keep the same post counts they had ad Hyperboards.

So if you sign up HERE with a new username... expect a PM from me about whether or not you would like your post count, and if I know that we HAVE a pre-registered account here for you, whether or not you're having trouble accessing it, would like help with that, etc.

To OPEN a fresh PM:

you have to scroll to the bottom of your "in box" to see the newest messages. (I think this is the default setting here.)

Hopefully this will help everyone!

Offline Momcat

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 11:52:54 AM »
Hi, it's me... I just haven't moved my avatar pic.
DD13 Allergic to Peanuts, outgrew egg, milk 2002.
DS9 Outgrew egg 2012, milk 2005.
Currently Home Schooling

Offline AdminCM

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 12:58:25 PM »
 :bye:  hi Momcat!

I personally like the avatar.  Is that Beaker's PI, Dr. Honeydew, by any chance? 

Offline Momcat

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 11:07:26 PM »
Why, yes!  Bunsen Honeydew at your service.
DD13 Allergic to Peanuts, outgrew egg, milk 2002.
DS9 Outgrew egg 2012, milk 2005.
Currently Home Schooling

Offline AdminCM

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 12:57:26 PM »
I'm going to explicitly state this here--

if I can verify WHO you are (and were at hyperboards) I am automatically moving your post count onto your new account HERE, but only if you are using the same username.

I don't want to "out" anyone if they truly DO want to 'start over' from scratch, that is, but familiar people and usernames should automatically keep the same post counts they had ad Hyperboards.

So if you sign up HERE with a new username... expect a PM from me about whether or not you would like your post count, and if I know that we HAVE a pre-registered account here for you, whether or not you're having trouble accessing it, would like help with that, etc.

To OPEN a fresh PM:

you have to scroll to the bottom of your "in box" to see the newest messages. (I think this is the default setting here.)

Hopefully this will help everyone!

To follow up on this--

if you sign up here with a new username (different from your regular one) and DON'T get a PM from me about your former username at Hyperboards... please PM me.   

I can verify that someone HERE is the same as the person there-- but only if I have some idea which two usernames to compare.  I don't have any automated means of figuring out who is who, so unless I recognize who you "used to be" I don't really know where to look on the member list from hyperboards.  (Not that I necessarily think that I should be able to do that.  I think it's fine that I can't.)

There *are* about 1600 people registered there.   :thumbsup:

* To PM someone here--

because we don't (yet) have a way of turning off some of the more big-brotherish things that can be viewed in member profiles here, we have made it so that other members (and guests, of course) can't view everyone else's profiles-- only their own.

Therefore, clicking on a member profile won't be a method to use to send a PM for now.

Instead:

open up the tab on your header that says "My Messages" and select "send a message."  If you type in the first few letters of the member's username, the system will suggest names-- rather like autocorrect.

I think this is an AWESOME feature, because I an terrible at remembering exact spellings of usernames (ETA:  I 'an' also a terrible typist, for whatever that is worth... I could probably use autocorrectx elsewhere, too, it seems).

I had a horrible time with the search feature at hyperboards when I was trying to PM someone, because it was so darned-- well, nitpicky.  Hmph.      This is MUCH easier for me to use.   :yes:

You can also change a LOT in how your PM box functions and how it appears to you personally-- creating sort lists, etc. is much nicer here, I think.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 01:17:15 PM »
I think this is an AWESOME feature, because I an terrible at remembering exact spellings of usernames (ETA:  I 'an' also a terrible typist, for whatever that is worth... I could probably use autocorrectx elsewhere, too, it seems).

To bad we don't have spellcheck......Oh wait....we do!

CL

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 10:48:59 AM »
I made it to the new site but now cannot figure out why my password won't work, nor can I figure out how to contact an administrator without signing in... help?

And also, wow !! I'm sure it took a lot of hard work to make this happen!

Offline GingerPye

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 12:52:51 PM »
Did you sign in to the old board?   You should have a pm with a temporary password there.  If not --- one of the admins here will see this and will be able to help you!
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline rebekahc

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 01:10:53 PM »
At the very bottom of the pages here, if you click Food Allergy Support Admin, you should be able to email us. Otherwise, please send a PM to one of us at the old site. Sorry you're having trouble!
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline bdif2

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 10:31:28 AM »
Hello! I just found out I am allergic to Eggs and I also have a Dairy allergy. 

Offline mommabridget

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2011, 12:48:55 PM »
Welcome bdif2!!

Jump on in - so glad ypu found us :)
Have a blessed day!
DS(22) Allergic to peanuts, cashews & soy.
DD(29) Allergic to Bactrim, & iodine. 
DD(31)NKA
DGS (born June 2011) NKA
DGS (born April 2014) NKA
Louisiana, USA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 12:54:25 PM »
Welcome bdif2. Sorry you had a reason to find us but glad you're here!
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA