login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Plain Cheerios!  (Read 2179 times)

Description:

Offline shoshana

Plain Cheerios!
« on: April 02, 2013, 09:23:16 AM »
This is the second reaction in a month or so, and the 4th in a year of the same type...small hives over her lip.  I thought last time it was the 8th Continent SoyMilk, but the one common food in each of these episodes is ... plain Cheerios.  It never dawned on me to question the safety of them. 

I called GM this morning and was on the phone for about 20 minutes filling out a report.  They have confirmed to me that the facility is not peanut free which means those da** PB Cheerios are in the facility.  Apparently, they see no reason to label for what the facility contains.  But, what's the first thing you see when you open a bag of Cheerios or pour it out?...Cheerio "dust"...don't they think that could make its way onto another line?!?   :rant:

I don't want to lose Cheerios.  It's such a nutritious choice.  Don't know what to do!

Offline PurpleCat

Re: Plain Cheerios!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 02:42:17 PM »
I've been very afraid of this...................I feel like we are gambling at breakfast.  DD likes plain simple old Cheerios.

We just lost another cereal, same company, Cinnamon Toast Crunch now there is Peanut Butter Toast Crunch.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: Plain Cheerios!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 02:29:46 PM »
Ugh....

Wow, Shoshana, I'm seriously disappointed in GM over this. 

I'm also very very grateful that DD does not now, nor has ever, been all that fond of cereal.

Will you send in the box for testing??

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.