FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Luggage for Air Travel  (Read 2574 times)

Description:

Offline SkyRibbons

Luggage for Air Travel
« on: April 02, 2013, 07:55:05 PM »
I need to buy some luggage for Jet Blue; I was told that Marshall's / TJ Maxx has some good deals.   Any suggestions?  My daughter is leaving next week for Calif., and she's a petite one.  What styles work well?

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Luggage for Air Travel
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 09:40:32 PM »
I gott a good one on rollers @ TJ Maxx for about $50 a few months ago.  Don't  remember the brand, but check with the airline for dimensions.  They are not all the same.

Happy Travels!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 02:28:00 PM »
We love our local TJ MAxx for good luggage deals-- DD got an ultralight tilt-roller and I got a spinner bag.  The spinner hard-shell is heavy (~8 lb) but it protects items inside very well.  For DD's size, though, that tilt-roller bag was great.  Her fully loaded bag only weighed in at about 32 lbs.  Empty, that one is only about 3lbs.  I think we paid $45 for it at TJ Maxx. 

The other thing that I loved is that both of our bags are SO distinctive.  Very bright and colorful prints, so easy to pick off a baggage carousel.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline SkyRibbons

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 06:18:17 PM »
I bought the largest airline proper sized bag with wheels I could find at Marshall's.  It's a nice purple-ish color with lots of compartments for $90.  My daughter had to pack for four weeks in California, but she was over by 7 pounds.  She transferred her blowdryer and hair straightener to her boyfriend's bag, and she was good.  Hair care is important to her.

The bag will be perfect for our trip to Disney.