FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: City Walk, Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Orlando  (Read 13644 times)

Description: Restaurant assistance

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: City Walk, Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Orlando
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 10:21:17 AM »
It's great to hear about Diagon Ally!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Mezzo

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 07:31:13 PM »
So glad to hear about your experiences!  We've got an upcoming vacation there.  The most important thing to DD is butterbeer, followed by eating at the Harry Potter restaurants.

I sent an email to the person who answers food allergy questions for them, and he advised that the turkey legs and fruit sold throughout the parks are safe for her, and that the sit-down restaurants and the Three Broomsticks can accommodate her.  From what I've been reading online and in a travel guide, they should have allergen menus for us to look at.  I don't know if it will be Disney-level allergy friendly, but it sounds reasonable.

Offline MaryM

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2016, 07:15:55 PM »
We had a great experience at The Hard Rock on City Walk last spring.

Online spacecanada

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 11:39:56 PM »
From an expert source, Universal is improving for food allergies but isn't at the Disney level yet.  Some chefs are better than others and double check ingredients. Don't rely on the allergy menus; always have the chef come out to ensure proper precautions are taken to prepare your meal.  The Loews on-site hotel has great allergy service; I recommend their restaurants over many of the park restaurants.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

allerav

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2016, 01:49:47 PM »
We just returned from Universal Studios. We had a great experience.  My son is allergic to nuts, eggs, sesame and shellfish. He could have the Butter Beer (though it does have Whey for those allergic to milk) and turkey legs. We talked to the chef when we ordered at Three Broomsticks, where my son could have the chicken and potatoes.  Also went to Antojitos Mexican restaurant in City Walk, where we also talked to the chef. We noticed an improvement since we were at US last year.

Offline Mezzo

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2017, 10:32:05 PM »
We were there over the holidays. First of all, it's amazing. The girls and I kept getting teary just being there in Harry Potter world. They full on cried when we left because they want to live there.

PA food experience was good. Definitely talk to the chefs at the restaurants, because the people at the cash registers don't always know. We really loved how the chef at the 3 Broomsticks was very thorough in assessing risks. At Florean Fortescue's ice cream she could only have the butterbeer flavor, but luckily that's what she wanted. They brought it from the back,

We also were told she could have the turkey legs by email in advance, but then the chefs said no, which was odd.

The food court in the Cabana Bay Beach Resort hotel was awesome for allergy guidance. Lots of choices.  DD wants to live there, too.

I'll try to come back and give more details.

Offline Mezzo

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 03:47:53 PM »
DD are safely at Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck, but they said don't eat the chips because of peanut oil.

At the Fountain of Fair Fortune, they weren't sure that the flavors for the water were safe. They took so long trying to find out that they gave DD a free plain Gillywater, which was nice.

She ate at Thunder Falls Terrace, but they we're telling her at first it's fine, like, whatever. It was night and day different than at the Harry Potter restaurants. Shortage of information and helpfulness.

We often ate at odd hours at our hotel, either groceries or the food court in Cabana Bay Beach Resort.

Online spacecanada

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 05:15:08 PM »
Thanks for the update. I've heard many mixed reviews lately, but the hotels are consistently still good with accommodations, and that's nice to hear. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum