imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Whole Foods 365 Brand  (Read 2940 times)

Description:

Offline anxious

Whole Foods 365 Brand
« on: April 22, 2013, 06:56:09 AM »
Anyone use Whole Foods Brand items. I noticed their Honey Bear Cookies and sandwich cookies had a may contain about egg and soy, but nothing about nuts. Does anyone use their brand products?

Offline maeve

Re: Whole Foods 365 Brand
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 08:54:26 AM »
They have had too many recalls and their labeling policy for shared lines/facilities is poor.  I will not purchase their products.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 10:06:15 PM »
I refuse to anymore because of DS1's allergen set.  Too many mystery reactions and too many articles about what Whole Foods dubs to be GF is not really so.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline krasota

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 10:39:20 AM »
Yeah, we don't trust them, either.  Also with the mystery reactions and low level constant stuff going on (recalcitrant eczema, "idiopathic" hives, oddly full allergy bucket in the dead of winter).
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 06:25:39 AM »
We don't trust their packaged food and don't even trust their in store bakery.  Another parent was promised a safe "vegan" cake and after confirming and reconfirming,  eating the "safe" cake ended with anaphylaxis.   And the denial after the fact just shows how much they don't care.

twinturbo

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 03:48:00 PM »
Whole Foods wigs me out on allergies. They embrace it more as a "lifestyle" than medical condition. Oh, you know what I just remembered? Reading on the WF board once someone asked why they touted GF stuff but totally ignored nut allergies. The answer was some corporate speak about not being able to accommodate such allergies it was too hard. NOT that I trust it when they say GF, NOT when I have one child with anaphylaxis to wheat and barley.

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 05:18:08 PM »
WF caters more to those who have allergies per their naturopath.  They never understood my frustration when they stored the Enjoy Life products under the make your own nut butter bar  :insane:

I shop their for meats, veggies, fruits and brands I trust.  365 is not among those brands.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

twinturbo

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 05:46:36 PM »
Dude(ettes), that place is a total minefield for me. They have so much cheese amongst the produce. Then the sheer amount of nuts in barrels. Not like Shaw's is fun during baseball season with the metric tons of peanuts on constant rotation with the non-rind fruits and veg.