FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Royal Carribbean Cruise  (Read 6183 times)

Description:

Offline Mom2DD

Re: Royal Carribbean Cruise
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 02:30:04 PM »
Hello,

I wanted to comment on the Disney Cruise.  We did not see the same great allergy awareness on the cruise line that we experienced at Disney World  On our Alaska cruise with Disney the waiters were more interested in up selling us wine at dinner that answering or dealing with my daughter's food allergies.  When booking I had outlined by daughter's food allergies and reconfirmed before boarding.  While the waiters had been informed of my DD allergies they had  no idea how to deal with it.   We did not complain to the restaurant, and so perhaps it could have been rectified. 

Overall it went well, we found a safe place that served burgers, fries, pizza and soft serve ice cream, so the kids were happy.

Mom2DD

Offline spacecanada

Re: Royal Carribbean Cruise
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 04:01:17 PM »
Oh no, that doesn't sound like Disney at all.  I would have spoken up to the Maitre d' or Guest Services immediately and demanded better attention to your allergies, because that's not up to their standard either.  (We've done this once before and we were switched tables that same night.)  You should have dealt with an allergy-trained head server to pre-order meals every day.  So sorry it wasn't what you expected.

I hope the rest of your trip went well. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum