login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Teen carries one epipen  (Read 15073 times)

Description:

twinturbo

Re: Teen carries one epipen
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2013, 12:33:01 PM »
Yep, muscle memory. One thing on my to do list as the boys get older is attending a community course for extended first aid or EMT basic to get their mind prepped that it's about readiness including their allergies. The best laid plains, eh.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2013, 08:29:30 PM »
Guess who I caught leaving he house tonight with only one AuviQ?

I'm sure you're all really struggling with this one.  :banghead:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2013, 05:34:18 PM »
This is the numero uno reason why we'd have LOVED to have a Twinject rx for DD.

Single device, two doses.  Genius.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline BensMom

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2013, 01:44:50 PM »
Just happened across this. I usually stick to off-topic. The part that stood out to me was about moving epis back and forth between her pencil case and her purse.

Yeah, get her another one, so she'll always have 2 in her purse. DS has 4. Two are in a carrier in his backpack for school. The other two are in a carrier that hangs by the door. When he goes anywhere other than school, he grabs the set by the door. No moving back and forth from the backpack to somewhere else. When he travels, he takes both sets in case one set gets lost. Sometimes the smallest inconveniences get in the way. Make it easy.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2013, 03:06:08 PM »
I have created a thread to discuss school-related dinners specifically, as I think it's a topic that will be very useful for middle school and high schoolers with food allergies and worthy of separate conversation.  I've put it in the Teens board.

School-related Dinners
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline TwoDDs

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2013, 02:14:42 PM »
exactly.   :yes:  Being a teen does not mean one can be (or should be) a disrespectful little brat.

Need to add:  yesterday I explained (again/more fully) to DD why I made the phone call to the restaurant
(found the epipen on the bed; tried and couldn't get hold of her on her phone; called Dad to see if he knew; finally called the restaurant even tho I didn't want to and knew it would embarrass her = Mom was in a moment of panic since DD was eating at an unknown restaurant). 
She said she understood and that "it's okay, Mom." 

Made some progress there.   :)

I've been away - but OMG - I so want a "like" button for this!  It IS ok.