login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Disney World Counter Service  (Read 13969 times)

Description:

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Disney World Counter Service
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 12:28:07 AM »
I want to make sure you see this thread:

Disney Threads
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline brownie

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 06:15:47 AM »
OK so they bring you the binder.  Does it tell you may contains?  Or is it just an ingredient list?  Brownie
2 ds's with PA, TNA and avoiding all seafood

Offline brownie

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 06:41:29 AM »
Here - I'll start a list of kid-friendly counter service options.  I've been looking through menus.  These are places without nuts or shrimp all over the menu at Hollywood Studios so far cross-reference with the substitute list they gave me too:

Backlot Express at Echo Lake- burgers and hotdogs +  allergy free chicken tenders and Udi buns
Rosie's Cafe on Sunset Blvd- burgers
Toluca Legs Turkey at Sunset Blvd
Catalina Eddie's pizza

Magic Kingdom:
Aloha Isle in Adventureland - may have Dole Whips which someone mentioned as safe?
Casey's Corner - hot dogs and fries
Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland - burgers, hot dogs, chicken
Frontierland and Tomorrowland Turkey Leg stands
Golden Oak Outpost - hotdogs, nuggets, fries
Liberty Square Market - baked potatoes and corn
Main Street Bakery - Divvies items
Tomorrowland Terrace - burgers and nuggets +  some allergy substitutes
The Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland - deisgner dogs + some allergy substitutes

Animal Kingdom:
Flame Tree BBQ @ Discovery Island - BBQ!
Mr. Kamal's? - Teriyaki chicken wings
Restaurantasaurus @ DinoLand - We've eaten here before!  Allergy safe chicken tenders, fries, burgers hot dogs
Yeti and Yeti? - Honey Chicken
"?" anything asian makes me nervous. the 2 "?" may be OK but since there's a safe alternative, I'll take that 1st.

EPCOT
Electric Umbrella @ Future World - burgers, fries, allergen free chicken tenders
Fife and Drum Tavern @ @ World Showcase- Turkey Legs
Future World Turkey Leg Cart
Liberty Inn @ World Showcase - burgers and fries but they have pb&j; Allergy free chicken tenders and hamburger buns
Sunshine Seasons @land Pavilion - Chicken, sandwiches...There's an awful lot of stuff there.  Would have to talk to them but may be good for variety
La Cantina de San Angel @ World Showcase - tacos; wondering if this is the burrito place outside Mexico a previous poster mentioned?

*not to say these places have safe food.  It just seems like the most likely options for kid-friendly and safe, looking at the menus
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:14:31 AM by brownie »

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 09:49:15 AM »
OK so they bring you the binder.  Does it tell you may contains?  Or is it just an ingredient list?  Brownie
The binder has a list of every ingredient and may contain in the food item, per their ingredient sources.  They then have a copy of every ingredient label from every ingredient that is used to make that food, including the spices.  Then they have a list at the bottom that highlights any allergens present in the item - so if the item contain dairy, it will say 'contains dairy' in a big highlighted box so it's pretty obvious from first glance.  You can then judge for yourself if the item is safe or not.  The chefs and managers are pretty knowledgeable, for the most part... we've run into two (over five visits) that didn't meet our standards.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline brownie

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 10:16:47 AM »
Oh good - I'm glad they have may contain listed in the binders so I don't have to guess.  I kind of have my target location mapped out for each park now so I am feeling better about this.  Brownie

Laurie

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2013, 08:07:26 AM »
Hi! It's been so long since I've been here...it's me MamaZu.  I was glad to find this current Disney thread...
We are on our way down (driving since 4 am ugh!) to the Orlando area today and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good place in Downtown Disney? 
Just dealing with peanut and tree nut allergies. 

Thanks in advance!!

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2013, 01:19:18 PM »
How much are you looking to spend? Fulton crab house is delish but expensive. Raglan Road is amazing and fun. It's an Irish pub. As for counrer Service, the one in Disney Quest had pretty good food.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Laurie

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2013, 12:52:02 PM »
Thanks s&s.
I will check out all of those! 
Cost not so much a factor as long as there is something safe for DS!
The crab place sounds so yummy :)

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2013, 05:40:35 PM »
It is sooooo good. I had crab legs there.And last time I was there they had safe cake. It was so yummy!
Raglan Road is fun. They had Irish dancers.

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Laurie

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2013, 09:18:14 PM »
Fulton's was amazing !! DS ate Alaskan halibut with a risotto cake and fennel ( he is 11 :)
Oh and fish tacos for an appetizer.  The kid can really eat!!
And it was all safe.  The bread was not safe and we didn't have any room for dessert so I'm not sure about the cake.

Thanks again for the recommendation!!

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2013, 10:35:22 PM »
Fulton's was amazing !! DS ate Alaskan halibut with a risotto cake and fennel ( he is 11 :)
Oh and fish tacos for an appetizer.  The kid can really eat!!
And it was all safe.  The bread was not safe and we didn't have any room for dessert so I'm not sure about the cake.

Thanks again for the recommendation!!

Yay! Glad you liked it!

U.S.A.

~George Carlin

Offline maeve

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2013, 02:47:00 PM »
MamaZu,
I hope you're having a great time at Disney.  We were able to eat there successfully even with a last-minute wrench of avoiding soy and sesame in addition to egg, peanut, tree nut. 
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline yelloww

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2014, 09:19:55 AM »
So I procrasinated a bit... we are at Disney in a little more than a week. I have NO lunch spots researched.

Any recommendations for counter service in MK for dairy/egg/pn and wheat allergies? I'm thinking we may need a sit down meal.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2014, 09:57:51 AM »
AllergyFree chicken tenders?  They're available at a few different places.  Those places also have a dedicated allergy-free fryer for chips (fries).  They have allergy-friendly buns at a few places too, so hamburgers may be an option.  I know my cousin eats the turkey legs - so that may be worth investigating (I'm not sure about wheat in the seasoning, as she's only PN/egg/dairy).  I know many kids who enjoy pasta and sauce, macaroni and daiya cheese, steak, chicken, salad, gumbo (again, check the ingredients), etc.   

You can get an idea of safe foods available by looking at these lists.  You will have to cross-reference them for multiple allergies because I don't have links to the multiple allergy lists other than PN/TN and vegan.  Otherwise, any sit-down place can accommodate top-8 allergens, but be sure to note them on your reservation ahead of time.  (Otherwise it may take a long time to make something off-menu.)

peanut-free
http://wdw.wdpromedia.com/media/kana/sd/WDW-peanutFree.pdf

egg-free
http://wdw.wdpromedia.com/media/kana/sd/WDW-eggFree.pdf

dairy-free
http://wdw.wdpromedia.com/media/kana/sd/WDW-dairyFree.pdf

wheat-free
http://wdw.wdpromedia.com/media/kana/sd/WDW-wheatFree.pdf

Those are all updated regularly, so the links will still have current sheets in the future.  These are specialty ingredients they have access to in addition to their regular menu items - some of which may be safe already or easily modified with Tinkyada pasta or another ingredient on these lists.  Menus can be found at http://allears.net/dining/menu (These may not be 100% current, but will give you a general idea of what's available.)

We've also had curry at EPCOT's Rose and Crown that was free of your allergens.  Sunshine Seasons food court in EPCOT's Land Pavillion has oodles of allergy-safe options they can prepare in the back to keep them safe from cross-contamination. They have a great selection of treats too.  Animal Kingdom has a kiosk with allergy-friendly treats too.  Fresh fruit is also widely available. 

You should be able to find something safe in each park, quick serve or sit down.  Have a fun vacation!!

Random other trivia - the World SHowcase restaurants in EPCOT are NOT owned by Disney and not always recommended for people with allergies due to their different allergy protocols.  However, we've had great success at the UK's Rose and Crown and I have heard great reviews of Canada's Le Cellier.  (I cannot speak for the other World Showcase restaurants, but allergy reviews can be found at http://www.allergyfreemouse.com)
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline MaryM

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2014, 11:33:51 AM »
You can email specialdiets@disneyworld.com with your allergies & dates you will be there and they should be able to help you.