FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Traveling & Restaurants

Disney Threads

(1/6) > >>

Macabre:
I plan to sticky this and build this list up over the next few days.

Disney Food Allergy Travel Agent

Disney World Counter Service

Places we ate in Disney 2012

The Disney Dining Plan - worth the money?

Disney Character Meals

Disney Cruise - Specific Foods You Ate?

Disney Cruise - Ana. Reaction

Disney World-Help, Over-whelmed

Disney Discontinuing Divvies

Planning Disney Vacation

City Walk, Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Orlando

Older threads at our old site (there are many others):

Disney World (where we stayed and ate)

Walt Disney World (how do you plan?)

Disney Cruise

Walt Disney World (Quick Service/Table Service)

HJK:
Great idea!

Thank you for pulling this all together.

spacecanada:
Some reviews from our Disney Cruise and Walt Disney World trip in November 2014 can be found at the Allergy Free Mouse website.

Cruise:
http://www.allergyfreemouse.com/2014/12/disney-dream-cruise-food-allergies/
Other than the food on Castaway Cay being plain, the rest of it was quite good, especially Palo!

WDW:
http://www.allergyfreemouse.com/2014/12/disney-world-with-multiple-food-allergies-and-intolerance/
Nothing can top our experience with Chef TJ, but every meal here was good.  Dinner at the top of California Grill during the fireworks was very magical, and the food was pretty amazing too.  The only concern we had on this trip was with a frozen dessert that I hadn't heard of before and didn't want to eat because the label had a cautionary label I had never seen before.  I wasn't up to trying any new foods this trip, as eating out every meal was challenging enough due to my PTSD.  My husband was more than happy to eat it, and the chef went off to make me something else (which was far better than the first dessert, I have to say.)

spacecanada:
We're headed to Walt Disney World again in October.  We booked the trip through Pixie Lizzie: Disney allergy travel agent, booked a bowling party (sponsored by Premium Chocolatiers) through the Food Allergy and Celiac Conference, and already arranged a few meals and some surfing lessons.  Cannot wait.  Let me know if anyone has any questions or items for me to investigate whilst there.

But the big news for this post is here:
http://www.myallergykingdom.com
Disney and Mylan have partnered up, having EpiPens available at all their parks, their cruise ships, and even on Castaway Cay (Disney's private island in the Bahamas).  They also developed this site, which has many resources for general anaphylaxis information, recipes, tips, etc. but also Disney-related food allergy information. 

joanna5:
We are going in April (milk, egg, peanut, tree nut, and mustard for my guys and celiac for my SIL).  We are super excited.  We also used Pixie Lizzie- she seems lovely.  The biggest challenge for us will be the bread for my two carb-aholics, as well as the ever present "spices" with mustard.

Have a great trip! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version