login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Welch's Fruit snacks?  (Read 4462 times)

Description:

Offline brownie

Welch's Fruit snacks?
« on: June 14, 2013, 07:43:06 AM »
Our rec program is selling these to the kids and ds10 (PA TNA) wants to buy them.  I would swear we have used them before but I don't recognize the company (perhaps it has changed over the years) and they have no info online.  I sent an email to the company but wondering if anyone here has contacted them before.  Brownie
2 ds's with PA, TNA and avoiding all seafood

Offline brownie

Re: Welch's Fruit snacks?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 11:39:38 AM »
Well I got an amazingly quick reply, but not the one I wanted.  See below.

We appreciate your interest in our fruit snacks.  Welch’s fruit snacks are produced in the same facility as dairy and peanut products.  They are not produced on the same production line, but in the same facility.  As always, we would not recommend the fruit snacks to those with sensitivities to dairy and peanut products.  We suggest consulting your doctor before using the fruit snacks.

We hope this information is helpful to your search.
2 ds's with PA, TNA and avoiding all seafood

Offline nameless

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 11:50:42 AM »
Sounds like CYA about not recommending.  I would view this as 'up to your own comfort zone' type information.

For me personally, I know I'm really sensitive to peanuts...however...'same facility and not the same lines' is ok for me in my comfort zone.

BTW - I'm addicted to the Welch's strawberry fruit snacks. I convince myself it's the only way to get my vitamin C.

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 02:14:40 PM »
I know dd has had them many times with no issues, but YMMV. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy