FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Mfrs. & Packaged Food

English Muffins

(1/7) > >>

Macabre:
From their website:

http://thomasbreads.com/Faq.aspx

FAQs
What is your guidance on allergenic ingredients for highly sensitive consumers?
We assure you that we adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices as established by the FDA. We take abundant precaution to prevent cross contact of allergenic ingredients between batches, and our bakeries are inspected to ensure that they meet or exceed all regulatory and baking industry standards. We understand that highly sensitive consumers need to know when there is even the remotest possibility of inadvertent cross contact of allergenic ingredients during processing. To that end we disclose that the following allergenic ingredients are used in some of our manufacturing facilities and that inadvertent cross contact is remotely possible: milk, eggs, soy, almonds, walnuts, peanuts and hazelnuts (filberts). Wheat is used in all of our facilities and all of our products as an ingredient. Please refer to ingredient labels on our products for full disclosure of the ingredients used in that product.

When I called them a month ago they said they labeled for shared lines--even sesame. But the person I spoke with waffled.

Ugh.

twinturbo:
Can you get Bay's? Last I called them they were straight forward at least. I did not call about sesame, however.

GoingNuts:
We nixed Thomas's years ago.  We go with Pepperidge Farm English muffins, but they are nearly impossible to find.  Which is really a shame, because they are delicious!

hezzier:
I also buy pepperidge farms english muffins.

Macabre:
PF makes them?  And safe for sesame? I will look for some.

DH made some killer ones a few weeks ago. Wow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version