login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: TWINKIES are back today?  (Read 16499 times)

Description:

Offline Jessica

Re: TWINKIES are back today?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 07:22:02 PM »
Geez. As usual they're giving inconsistent information. Are the mini muffins the walnut containing item that is in the same facility but not the same lines?
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 07:26:58 PM »
From their product page:

MINI MUFFINS
FUN FOR MOUTHS OF ALL SIZES.

Even the biggest bigmouth can enjoy Mini Muffins. That’s because they’re the perfect size for snacking. Enjoy Banana Walnut, Blueberry, Chocolate Chip and decadent Brownie Bites, in multipack or single serve.

So, the mini muffins have walnut.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 01:26:12 PM »
Found package in store with peanut/nut warning.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 01:32:38 PM »
A twinkies package?? At the facebook group several people were told all twinkies are from the nut free facility. I guess it's good that they're putting warnings on them, at least.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 03:49:49 PM »
Twinkies and two different cupcakes.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 03:58:23 PM »
A twinkies package?? At the facebook group several people were told all twinkies are from the nut free facility. I guess it's good that they're putting warnings on them, at least.

I posted on their fb page about this.....and it appears they've hidden it.

I wasn't rude.  I posted the original info from their fb page (posted within this thread) then the fact that the packages have a warning.

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 06:43:37 PM »
FWIW - My non-allergic friends have posted that they taste gross, nothing like they did prior to going out of business.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 07:58:26 PM »
I just discovered, they did NOT hide my post.  It's n a different page...but that is just ow fb works, not anything Hostess is doing.

And ya, YKW, it seems a lot of people are not enjoying them.  (Although, complaints on FB don't necessarily mean anything.)

Offline bleh

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 09:04:09 AM »
twinkies are sold out everywhere around me. I saw a stack one day and the next day they were all gone.
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 11:10:23 AM »
My kids have eaten the Donettes and the cupcakes with no warning on package. So they should, in fact, have a warning? I want to make sure I understand this? Is hostess hiding that thy may contain allergies?

twinturbo

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 12:34:02 PM »
Hostess is only the brand the manufacturer is... wait, only crude analogies are coming to mind I'll come back to this when I can get to at least a PG-rated analogy.

JessicaPaq

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 01:11:47 PM »
I called Hostes yesterday regarding the Donettes.  I was told that all of the bakeries are peanut free. 
Currently there is one bakery that makes the banana walnut mini-muffins,  bakery #2300.
The remaining bakeries: 2100, 2200, and 2400 do not make those mini-muffins.
The rep did say that always read the packaging before purchasing as the bakeries may change.
When in doubt on a product from any company, call the manufacturer directly.
If you aren't satisfied with their answer, don't buy the product.

twinturbo

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 01:49:11 PM »
I think what's not clear is who the actual manufacturers are and how closely is the corporate brand in relation to the manufacturers and how do those contracts run if it is a contractual relationship between the reformed Hostess Brands, LLC. Further when you do call is it a CS rep or someone at a manufacturing facility. Rhetorical question.

The policy and inconsistency for labeling differences per region or per call seem to be line with the pre-2013 Hostess Brands (sans LLC) when they were manufactured by Interstate Bakeries if I remeber correctly. Anaphylactic dairy and wheat allergies since then so I lost track by the time the union strike occured and bankruptcy declaration ensued. IBC is no longer with the brand sold off.

I can't buy any of the products due to our allergen set but for those that can I do know that they have called in the past and we/they have had a seriously inconsistent experience with are there nuts in the facility or line or not. It was only by sharing those individual calls directly to the brand itself with each other that we discovered those inconsistencies.

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 01:55:32 PM »
I guess I will be calling the next time I buy them.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 02:32:51 PM »
My kids have eaten the Donettes and the cupcakes with no warning on package. So they should, in fact, have a warning? I want to make sure I understand this? Is hostess hiding that thy may contain allergies?

to be a little clearer.  On the facebook page they said the products were safe for pa.  On the package there was a clear may contain warning.