login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: School Settlement  (Read 2351 times)

Description: School settles

Offline kcw

School Settlement
« on: July 30, 2013, 09:46:57 AM »
For those that have been frustrated through the years with the public school system and the unlawful acts they performed with no accountability, there is hope.
Although I won't disclose where, but after years of working with the school to establish safeguards to protect our FA children alog with discrimination events, we finally took matter into our own hands.  Don't be intimindated by the word 'immunity'.  My family researched for months on this topic and filed suit, settled for damages, and now the school is binded by actions that have to take in the settlement demand.  Litigation should be the last resort, but when it involves gross incompetence in leadership and a continuous pattern of ignoring serious FA reactions in a school system with, in my opinion, no investigation into the incidents, then I encourage anyone that falls into this category to file a legal complaint.  I am more than willing to share my experience with those that may have had similar problems with a school system.

Offline ajasfolks2

• Committee Member Firebird
Re: School Settlement
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 07:04:23 PM »
PM'd you!
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

twinturbo

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 08:58:50 AM »
Will there be any published decisions forthcoming with names redacted for privacy?

Offline kcw

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 07:31:56 AM »
No.  Do not expect any publised decisions.  We will continue to monitor closely to ensure that all settlement demands will continued to be met.  3 trips to ER and years of working with the school system led to us playing hard ball.  No lunch options....etc.

twinturbo

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 09:02:14 AM »
Sorry if I made it seem more of a personal quest to disclose private information that's not what I meant. I meant if this was something along the lines of Mystic Valley where something like the DOE publishes the hearing, it's subject to FOIA, etc. Sounds like a private suit. Congratulations.