FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Mummy to a baby with a Citric Acid Allergy  (Read 6052 times)

Description:

Offline madmurdoch

Mummy to a baby with a Citric Acid Allergy
« on: September 24, 2013, 02:24:35 PM »
Hello, All

I am a mummy to a 11 month old baby girl who has a allergy to CITRIC ACID, this has been confirmed by the allergy clinic, the Test was awful.. even the Clinic staff were shocked at the reaction..
I have been doing to a lot of research into this, what she can and cant have.. including Food and day to day products.. Its a nightmare... My Gp , Health visitor and even the clinic dont really have much information on this allergy as it seems quite rare..
Is there anyone of this forum that has the allergy or a child with this allergy, would love to talk to any other mummies going through the same up's and downs.
I am from Isle of wight (england)

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Mummy to a baby with a Citric Acid Allergy
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 03:45:14 PM »
Welcome madmurdoch!

Wow, that's one I've never heard of!  I can imagine how frantic you must be. 

We do have a UK member here, and hopefully she'll see this and have some resources. 

I wish I had some info for you, but all I have is  :console: .
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 05:52:27 PM »
Hi and Welcome!

I don't have any experience with Citric Acid Allergy. 

I have a daughter with many allergies who is now 14 and is becoming more and more independent.  When she was a baby and young child, life with allergies was very stressful and involved so much planning. 

I wish I had more to offer about your specific allergy. 

twinturbo

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 05:58:59 PM »
I wish I could help with citric acid. How did you find out it was the cause? It's so specific and not a food protein, especially at that age. We have a lot of allergens in our family but they are all food proteins but for the temperature change reactions.

Offline LinksEtc

Offline petitepea

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 08:20:44 PM »
I would check in to see if he has has a corn allergy? ???  I have very severe corn allergy and cannot tolerate most citric acid or xanthum gum as they are corn derived. Once in a blue moon you will see an organic product that lists citric acid derived from beets - saw that on some Yummy Earth candies. Also white vinegar, grain alcohol and glycerin are most often derived from corn too.

Petite Pea