login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Weight loss shakes?  (Read 1887 times)

Description:

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
Weight loss shakes?
« on: September 29, 2013, 08:56:26 PM »
Anyone know of any that are safe for pn/tn/fish/shellfish?  I've gained about 40lbs and feel miserable.. HELP! :(
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

twinturbo

Re: Weight loss shakes?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 07:08:57 PM »
ok, I'll take a stab. Are protein shakes ok or does it have to be billed as a weight loss shake? Because I eat mostly paleo but at a larger calorie count to gain weight (muscle mass). You could use the same shake but with a calorie reduction to cut weight.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 09:55:07 PM »
Vegetarian DS who is PA used Boost after a bad accident where he couldn't eat.  If you go to OT here and search for "bike accident" in the subject line, you'll see a thread about it. But this is the newer thread. But there is a link in it to the thread on our previous board, and in that thread, YKW called Boost and I think Ensure on my behalf after the accident.  :heart:  That was an amazing gift to me.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 09:08:28 AM »
Mac - we all wanted to do what we could to help, kwim?  I consider most of you to be virtual family.  I know that I can call on most of you when we travel around the country (or in our case, up and down the east coast) and most of you can point out what stores are great to shop at, where is good to eat, which attractions might be safe, etc.

I just want to add this - yes, both of the brands I listed read safe years ago (I haven't checked recently because the child who drinks them is not peanut/tree nut allergic).  But they have incredibly high carb counts that will make you want more carbs as a result.  To me, they are a vicious circle.  I find more of a low carb diet to work effectively.  Meat, veggies, fruits in the way of berries and limited fruits are more effective.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA