FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Flu shots and why it's still interesting to get one...  (Read 8808 times)

Description:

Offline GingerPye

Re: Flu shots and why it's still interesting to get one...
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 10:36:53 AM »
my two kids have egg allergy, and this is Year 3 of getting flu shots for them.  The first two years we had the shot broken down into two parts, about 30 minutes apart.  This year it is the full shot all at once.  They've never had even a tiny reaction, surprisingly.  We stay for 30 minutes after the shot.  In fact, I'm taking DS today for his.  DD had hers last week.

Yes, make sure you have your epipens with you; our clinic has epinephrine sitting on the counter ready to go as well.
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline kcw

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 02:15:57 PM »
Twinturbo thanks for the advice.  Scares the heck out of us since they have never had a shot.  We will ask about the 10/90 also.

Thanks

twinturbo

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 03:34:04 PM »
You won't have to but if want to be extra cautious the first time you can keep it copacetic for a couple hours after. That's hard with boys, I know. Times like those I make special dispensation for movies or electronic games.

It's gonna be good. I wouldn't sugar coat it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 03:41:38 PM by twinturbo »