login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Carmex  (Read 3805 times)

Description:

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
Carmex
« on: October 23, 2013, 11:10:21 PM »
'Tis the season for chapped lips.. anyone use Carmex?  I skimmed the ingredients on the website, nothing stood out..

PA/TNA
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Offline starlight

Re: Carmex
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 08:19:25 AM »
I've been using it every 2 hours for about 15 years. That said, I've been using it every 2 hours for 15 years. There's a website out there about Carmex addiction and it sounds like a joke, but it's not. I stop using it and my lips immediately dry out and get red and inflammed. It's like your lips forget how to make their own moisture. Stick with something like vaseline or blistex if you can. Avoid Bonnie Bell, I developed a sensitivity to that after using it for a while (weeping excema on the lips is NOT a good time). Don't use anything mentholated either, same problems.

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 09:31:21 AM »
Plain old Vaseline works best.  We buy the tubes and squeeze amount needed onto a finger to wipe our lips.

Many people swear by coconut oil.

And drinking more water (the latter I am guilty of not doing).

If I remember correctly, Carmex is not safe for those with an aspirin allergy?  Has similar ingredients.  I just remembered the burning sensation.

DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

twinturbo

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 09:39:15 AM »
Salicyilc acid. We avoid due to the general avoidance of aspirin for children. Of course I chowed down the little orange yummy St. Joseph aspirin as a kid. nom-nom-nom.

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 10:26:59 AM »
Salicyilc acid. We avoid due to the general avoidance of aspirin for children. Of course I chowed down the little orange yummy St. Joseph aspirin as a kid. nom-nom-nom.

I still miss that taste - however, the whole not being able to breathe, swollen up like a balloon and not being sure which end to back up to the potty keeps coming to mind.  I still remember being mad at my dad because he brought me non-matching Garanimals to wear to the hospital (he never thought to call the ambulance, they drove me every time I had an ana rxn which was 3x).  I have no idea how I survived, honestly.   The trip down the mountain was at least 45min to the ER.

Odd things you remember LOL
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA