login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Has anyone contacted Science Diet (dog food) lately?  (Read 1421 times)

Description:

Offline Jessica

Has anyone contacted Science Diet (dog food) lately?
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:34:24 PM »
Our dog is having stomach issues and the vet is recommending Hills ID food for a month. I remember Science Diet being unsafe in the past but wasn't sure if it was still the case. Our dog is pretty slobbery so I want to make sure whatever she eats won't affect dd.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline spacecanada

Re: Has anyone contacted Science Diet (dog food) lately?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:21:14 AM »
Give Science Diet a call: 1-800-445-5777 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. CST, Monday-Friday (per their website)

There are many causes to stomach issues in dogs, and not knowing what is wrong with your dog, you'll have to trust your vet.  On the other hand, a lot of stomach issues in dogs are resolved with more natural food, with fewer processed ingredients.  (Much like people... no surprise.)  We stick to smaller companies that use whole ingredients and don't have PN/TN on site: Acana/Orijen and Innova/California Natural.  Not sure if your vet would recommend either of those for your dog's condition. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline Jessica

Re: Has anyone contacted Science Diet (dog food) lately?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 12:21:59 PM »
They did get back to me (no nuts or peanut) but we've decided not to use it. It would cost more than $100 to feed it for one month. Right now we're still giving the bland diet and adding small amounts of a different food. We went with fish protein instead and grain free. We're up to 6 tablespoons of the kibble per day (divided into 3 feedings). Next Friday we are going to get a blood panel done to rule out liver and kidney issues and that way if she does barf, or if I'm not sure if she does, I won't freak out as much. She is an outside dog (we live on a farm) and i can't monitor her 24/7. She's acting normally otherwise.

We are, and have been feeding her Earthborn Holistic which is made in Indiana.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA