login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: safe soy milk?  (Read 3976 times)

Description:

Offline jenyik

safe soy milk?
« on: January 08, 2014, 12:55:28 PM »
Hi all
I am allergic to almonds but not peanuts/other nuts and am looking into drinking soy milk again(not allergic to dairy just want to try it) and am looking for a brand not cross contaminated. Years ago I did this and bought vanilla silk and had a bad reaction to it. Does anyone know a safe brand before I go shopping.
Thanks
Jenn

twinturbo

Re: safe soy milk?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 01:04:14 PM »
None currently I know free of almond cross-contamination. I'd also be wary of some cow milks for cross-contamination with almond. It's become increasingly popular. Also be careful getting lattes at food service. More are market testing almond milk.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 03:53:03 PM »
You could try calling Trader Joe's-- used to be-- they had larger sizes which were not on shared lines with milk or treenuts. 

Something about it started giving my DD (PN/TNA/Egg/outgrown milk) problems, though, and we gave them up anyway about two years back.

IMMV, of course.  Avoid Silk (which you knew).

Pacific shares lines with almond and cashew products.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 05:07:18 PM »
In Canada, the only safe brand I have found is Natura.  I call and email them frequently to ensure they maintain nut-free lines.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline Linden

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 07:34:54 PM »
You could try contacting Better than Milk (powered milks only - the liquid milk is NOT safe), 8th Continent, and EdenSoy.  It's possible one or more of them is safe for nuts.
DS TNA/EA, avocado, environmentals, asthma