FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Monterey & Carmel - any restaurant suggestions  (Read 3302 times)

Description:

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
Monterey & Carmel - any restaurant suggestions
« on: January 14, 2014, 08:02:54 PM »
Last time I was there, I was single, so it's been a while.  Thinking about renting a house for a week, but it might be nice to go out once or twice.

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: Monterey & Carmel - any restaurant suggestions
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 01:06:50 PM »
http://www.flahertysseafood.com/dinnermenu

Note on menus says they can do gluten free, vegetarian and nut free.  This could be an option.

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 11:11:30 PM »
I think I just found us a ice cream place.  I read on their facebook page that they don't use peanuts, corn, soy, wheat, dyes or preservatives so I sent them a message about tree nuts, the reply back said they only use coconut which is not a problem for us.
I also read that they have a couple dairy free/egg free flavors so will need to inquire how much egg is in the regular ice cream for DS, but excited none the less that we have an option.

https://www.facebook.com/KaiLeeCreamery

Article was great until I read the line about almond milk, but must not be doing that due to the response I got.

http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/archives/2014/0102/article_f9aa47f0-7280-11e3-90a3-0019bb30f31a.html
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 11:16:37 PM by hezzier »

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 10:07:16 PM »
Kai Lee Creamery was great!  We went two days in a row for ice cream and then brought home hand packed pints.  They did not have any dairy free flavors available when we were there...not an issue for us.  DS had chocolate mousse the first time and triple vanilla the second time.  DD had banana chocolate mousse and french toast.  I had french toast both times.  The flavors we brought home were ginger honey and meyer lemon with raspberries (this one was excellent).

It's a very small place.  I would definitely be concerned about x-cont between batches.  I tasted DS's chocolate mousse and thought it tasted like it had banana in it.  So not sure I'd chance it if allergic to any of the ingredients they use.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 06:01:02 AM »
Hezz, you rock!  We will definitely check this place out!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline chase

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 10:30:25 AM »
We like Rio Grill at the Crossroads in Carmel.  Another favorite is Little Napoli.  If the weather is good we stop by the deli (lots of them in Carmel) and take a picnic to a bench that over looks the ocean.  Lots of benches :)

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 02:35:37 PM »
If needing a grocery store while there, Crossroads Shopping Center also has the best/largest Safeway in the area.  I went to the Pacific Grove location as well as the one off Carmel Valley Rd and both were very small with limited selections.

Offline bleh

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 09:29:19 AM »
Argh, how did we miss the ice cream place! We were at the Monterey Bay Aquarium 3 days before they opened (looks like they opened oct 8, 2013)...
DD: PA/TNA/EA (baked eggs are okay)

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 11:14:36 AM »
It's about a block from the aquarium too.