FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Soy Free Toothpaste, Sunblock, Chapstick?  (Read 8032 times)

Description:

Offline IhateSoy67

Soy Free Toothpaste, Sunblock, Chapstick?
« on: November 05, 2013, 10:57:35 PM »
Hi everybody,
I am new to the forum and have a couple questions.  I am allergic to soy and wish to remove all soy and potentially soy derived products (like vegetable protein, glycerine, xanthan gum, and guar gum) from my life. To that end, can anyone recommend soy-free:
•   Toothpastes that have fluoride
•   Chapstick type products
•   Sunblocks

Thank you all!
Neil

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Re: Soy Free Toothpaste, Sunblock, Chapstick?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 03:07:49 PM »
Are you having reactions to those products?  We have a few members here who are very sensitive to soy - hopefully they'll chime in.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline IhateSoy67

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 08:35:26 PM »
Are you having reactions to those products?  We have a few members here who are very sensitive to soy - hopefully they'll chime in.
Hi Rebekahc,
Thanks for your reply. I am definitely getting symptoms from somewhere. To the best of my knowledge, I have removed all of the soy and wheat foods from my diet. Thus, I am looking at non-food items. I tested positive on a skin prick test for soy and wheat allergy so it seems to me that I do not want to be brushing my teeth with toothpaste that has soy products in it, etc.

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 08:57:18 PM »
Your best bet maybe to find a list of gluten free toothpastes (Celiac.com has a messageboard that is easy to search) and then go from there.  Also post here to the wheat/gluten board because we have a member with Celiac who also avoids all forms of soy due to an allergy (Krasota).
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline IhateSoy67

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 09:17:06 PM »
Your best bet maybe to find a list of gluten free toothpastes (Celiac.com has a messageboard that is easy to search) and then go from there.  Also post here to the wheat/gluten board because we have a member with Celiac who also avoids all forms of soy due to an allergy (Krasota).
Hi,
Thanks YouKnowWho. I will cross-post.