FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: 504 today  (Read 4369 times)

Description:

twinturbo

Re: 504 today
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 10:07:18 AM »
Point that exact same attitude back at them. With actions.

He's a big boy. Fine. They are bigger boys and girls and the real world has consequences for them, too. You're just following the rules.

I hear you on misremember but lost cause.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 11:51:50 AM »
They originally didn't think that a high school student needed a 504 plan for allergies.  They angle it as he's a big boy, let him get in the real world and suck it up.
So, it is clear that the plan is not well received or explained to staff or the teacher would not have thought the 504 was addressing a learning issue.  Furthermore, this is not the first time that his plan has been discussed in public and in a negative way.

Dingdingding!  We have a winner!

I agree with TT-- point out that had this been an EMPLOYMENT setting (big boys) they'd be looking at a lawsuit.

Well, okay, that is probably counterproductive here, but that IS the bottom line.

If HR knows about an employee's.... depression... or PTSD... or seizure disorder...

is it okay if the manager places that person in a SPECIAL SEAT "because of your condition-- HR told me about it" at a meeting with everyone else looking on?

I'm thinking not.  NO WAY.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline Mfamom

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Hermes
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 08:35:17 AM »
The vice principal and 504c answered promptly and said she would be meeting with the teacher and her supervisor in the afternoon and seemed rattled saying this should never happen. 

she met with teacher/supervisor said that teacher was mistaken that his 504 plan had preferential seating as most do.  She apologized every two lines, but said that teacher is adamant that she only said it to my ds,not to the class, but I can be assured she will never utter another word unless in complete privacy with ds.   

teacher sent an apology (with no excuses) and she spoke with my ds privately. 
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline ajasfolks2

• Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 07:57:21 PM »
Holy colossal cow pie!!!!!

I'm thinking the admin and 504c are now hoping your son will suddenly MISREMEMBER the events of that day.

There are clearly many serious issues at this school.  So glad they highlighted themselves and you were able to enlist the aid of 504C and others.

Dipsquhits.

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!