FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: American Candy/Chocolate list!  (Read 5896 times)

Description:

Offline spacecanada

Re: American Candy/Chocolate list!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 09:58:09 AM »
Thank you for all the suggestions, everyone.  I missed the deadline for ordering Enjoy Life products for this trip, but I'll be sure to seek them out at the stores.  We've had a few of their chocolates at Walt Disney World and liked the crunchy one.  We ordered crunchy chocolate bars from Divvies for this trip.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline Jessica

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 02:49:30 PM »
I've seen some Enjoy Life products at Kroger and Meijer stores.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline candyguru

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 09:29:10 PM »
Thank you for all the suggestions, everyone.  I missed the deadline for ordering Enjoy Life products for this trip, but I'll be sure to seek them out at the stores.  We've had a few of their chocolates at Walt Disney World and liked the crunchy one.  We ordered crunchy chocolate bars from Divvies for this trip.

Hi SpaceCanada,

You can find Enjoy Life products in Canada.  Loblaws sells the chocolate chips, cookies etc
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2014, 10:15:59 AM »
You can find Enjoy Life products in Canada.  Loblaws sells the chocolate chips, cookies etc
Yes, we have a small selection of Enjoy Life products at home.  Just looking to try something new... sometimes America has a different or wider variety than we can get at home.  We don't have their Plentils, chocolate bars, decadent bars, grab and go sizes, or dark chocolate chips.  We don't have access to all of the cookie or trail mix flavours either.  At least not at my local stores.

Don't get me started on how excited my husband is to buy Cocoa Pebbles cereal when we get to America... I have no idea if they are safe for me (I won't eat them anyway), but he has a fascination with them and we cannot get them at home.  Or Special K cereal from the UK.  Oddly, all of his favourite cereals are from out of country.

Offline maeve

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 05:31:50 PM »
We don't have access to the wide variety of Enjoy Life products here in the US either. A lot depends on how a store allots its shelf space. I live near Washington, DC, and even my local Wegman's carries just a few Enjoy Life items and seems to be carrying fewer of their items than they did in the past. This also seems to be the case at the nearest Whole Foods.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline candyguru

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 08:27:52 PM »
Yes, we have a small selection of Enjoy Life products at home.  Just looking to try something new... sometimes America has a different or wider variety than we can get at home.  We don't have their Plentils, chocolate bars, decadent bars, grab and go sizes, or dark chocolate chips.  We don't have access to all of the cookie or trail mix flavours either.  At least not at my local stores.

Don't get me started on how excited my husband is to buy Cocoa Pebbles cereal when we get to America... I have no idea if they are safe for me (I won't eat them anyway), but he has a fascination with them and we cannot get them at home.  Or Special K cereal from the UK.  Oddly, all of his favourite cereals are from out of country.

Hi SpaceCanada,

Are you in southern Ontario?  Loblaws carries both Cocoa Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles (I have seen them at two different Loblaws stores in Toronto this week).  They are both gluten-free as well.  If you are near a Loblaws you can pick up a box for your husband as a surprise :)

There are also a lot of Enjoy Life products in Toronto.  I have seen 3 different flavours of the Enjoy Life chocolate bars at Ambrosia, Noahs, and several other stores.  I also saw Plentils but can't remember where.. I think it was Loblaws.  Loblaws also carries the chewy bars and the soft cookies & crunchy cookies along with Ambrosia & Noah's.  I think Ambrosia is the only place I have seen that carry all of the cookie varieties.

One thing I have never seen is the Enjoy Life decadent bars.. I think they are only available in the USA, so that would be a good choice to try!  We'll have to pick up some next time we cross the border :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2014, 09:28:56 PM »
We're in Central Alberta... no-man's land, essentially (or so it seems, some days).  Our nearest Planet Organic is an hour drive away, in Edmonton. 

Our best (close) selection of Enjoy Life products is at London Drugs, oddly enough.  Save on Foods has chocolate chips, Sobeys has a few cookies, and London Drugs has a few other things.  A local health food store has chocolate chips and cereals.  Sobeys has safe desiccated coconut too.  It's kind of like a scavenger hunt - I keep a list in my phone of which stores have which products.  :)

The PeaButter factory is, however, just down the road.  While that's hard or impossible to find in other places, it's readily available here.   If anyone wants some, you now know who to call.  8-)

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2014, 10:42:28 AM »
PeaButter I find easy enough, but spitz not in the shell is not available anywhere.  Whenever my husband goes out to Alberta he tries to find it and bring me some home.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2014, 04:23:35 PM »
PeaButter I find easy enough, but spitz not in the shell is not available anywhere.  Whenever my husband goes out to Alberta he tries to find it and bring me some home.

Have you tried ordering shelled sunflower seeds (in small packages or bulk) from Libre Naturals and seasoning them yourself?  That's what we do.  We make our own roasted sunflower seed butter too and it is significantly less expensive than Sunbutter.  :)

Sorry... getting off topic.  We leave in a few hours.  Thanks for all the suggestions.  I have a few things to hunt for when we get there.  After we stop at Chipotle for lunch... Surf Sweets, Gimbals jellybeans, Sun Cups, Plentils, individual packets of Sunbutter, and some standard groceries.  And the Divvies order should have arrived at the resort today.