imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: girl 4 anaphylaxis on flight  (Read 1857 times)

Description:

Offline eragon

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Offline Jessica

Re: girl 4 anaphylaxis on flight
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 02:29:13 PM »
I'm curious to know what the experts that claim anaphylaxis from airborne particles are extremely rare/impossible have to say about this. I'm sure it's rare but some of them are saying it simply doesn't happen. In the webinar about air travel they said something similar.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline TabiCat

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 03:26:25 PM »
After reading the artical I was sort of wondering if his bag of nut were indeed to catylist (not to say it was ok for him to be so cavilier as to risk opening them after being warned of the risk).

I was just wondering if it sounded more like residue from previous passenger AND fingers in mouth to anyone?
Ds - Peanut and Tree nut and a  host of enviro

Texas

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 03:33:01 PM »
... and this is why I think that north American carriers are insane to have made it the industry standard to NEVER make cabin announcements.

Honestly, I'm not sure that I'd do another transAtlantic flight without one.  (Our flights did do announcements)-- because there was not a corporate prohibition on them at the time.

:-[  I'd hate to think that my DD can't go back to the UK, which she loved.  She would like to study overseas, but man, that nut allergy is a WICKED barrier to the required travel.   :'(
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.