FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Other foods/MFA/EE

DS has 5 new food allergies? Can this be true?

(1/3) > >>

lilpig99:
DS was IgE blood tested for his  very new EE/ED diagnosis. They tested 8 foods. His EE symptoms are vomiting and chest pain....and are a bit inconsistently occurring, yet with increasing frequency if that makes sense. Now EE is usually not always an IgE mediated issue, but for whatever reason,  the gastroenterologist started looking for IgE food allergies rather than beginning with IgG delayed skin patch testing (although he did mention doing that at some point):

Egg
Peanut
Walnut
Corn
Soy
Milk
Wheat
Tomato
Cod

Of those 8 foods tested, (we already knew he was allergic to egg, peanut and tree nut), all came back moderately high or high, except cod being negative. I don't have the actual numbers yet, but the nurse on the phone was completely shocked that so many were high positives.

I'm a little sick thinking about this. And I'm thinking that maybe these results just cannot be true? Aside from his egg and nut allergies, I don't see him having classic and CONSISTENT IgE allergic reactions to these 5 new foods.  DS DOES have behavioral issues for sure....and I am well aware that behavioral symptoms can most certainly be symptoms of food allergies....I guess I'm coming to grips with the fact that maybe behavior (lack of focus, attention, hyperactivity....adhd) may very well be what is actually the consistent symptom here.  :-/  ???

His total IgE is over 400 if that helps....

What on earth do I make of this? Maybe I'm in denial. What on earth am I going to feed this child? :-/

Gastro nurse says we need to consult and work together with our allergist. Naturally :-/

catelyn:
I feel for you but I'm not any help.

TabiCat:
Oh dear :heart: I don't know what to say is there any chance that these are false positives.

my3guys:
At one point one ds was allergic to milk eggs soy peanuts and tree nuts. We got used to it. Few questions pop into my mind though first.

Was he skin and blood tested? Do you think he's eaten these foods without a problem? I don't think behavioral issues with food would show up on ige testing?

Could vomiting and chest tightness be symptoms of ige reaction?

I occasionally get those symptoms when I'm constipated (sorry if tmi) tums relieves symptoms.

Since he tested ige positive are they planning any food challenges?

My friends son has ee and he does test positive to many foods...they eliminate then do endoscopes to rule foods in and out.

Kwfa.com may be great resource to check out right now.

Sorry I can imagine this feels very overwhelming right now. Best of luck sorting it out!

GoingNuts:
I don't know a thing about this, just wanted to say  :console: and  :grouphug:.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version