imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Elimination Diet struggles  (Read 2380 times)

Description:

Offline Dewers

Elimination Diet struggles
« on: September 23, 2014, 09:43:40 AM »
Hello to all.
I'm working with a Naturopathic doctor and doing an elimination diet. Im on Week 5. I've been Gluten free for two years. My test results confirmed gluten is my worst offender, but also showed issues with soy, dairy and eggs. I'm eating just certain veggies and fruits, healthy fats and organic meats. HOWEVER, my body is going through roller coasters of good days and bad migraines that last for a couple of days. Has anyone else been through this process?? Any advise on how to ease the migraines?
 When do the bad days start going away :( and more good days?
Also how unpleasant is the food testing when its time to reintroduce certain foods back in?
thanks for any advise
D

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Elimination Diet struggles
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 11:12:30 AM »
Welcome!

This forum is frequented by people who are dealing with life threatening food allergies. It sounds like you've been through quite a process and are suffering with migraines, but from this group you will pretty much get advise to use a board certified allergist for allergies rather than a naturopath who does not do real diagnostic work for allergies.

Board certified allergists tend not to use "elimination diets" but will encourage you to avoid a food if you have a life threatening allergy to it. They will not however suggest that you add it back after a few weeks of not having it.

Personally for migraines, I find Excedrine works wonders.

If you experience symptoms that are associated with an allergic reaction, I would encourage you to go to a board certified allergist--and one that specializes in food allergies.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Elimination Diet struggles
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 11:13:38 AM »
Also, if you've not been tested for celiac I might suggest that. The rest will require you to have been eating gluten, though.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts