FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Threads in this Board  (Read 5781 times)

Description:

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
Threads in this Board
« on: September 06, 2011, 09:49:46 PM »
Currently I've started topics (and pulled much of the content as copied/quoted posts with manual attribution)  to match through  Page 3 and better than 1/2 way up PAGE 2 of this same board at FAS-Hyperboards.

It is VERY slow going as I am manually copy/pasting much (if not all) of the content of each thread over to this board now with attributions.  If the vast majority of the on-topic info from a particular thread has been copied/quoted over here, I've begun to NOT EVEN BOTHER POSTING the original link {url} back to the Hyperboards thread.  (Because we'll be going back in and deleting those links anyway once full content here.)

Again, it is VERY slow going here in this are of our boards -- trying to check members' posted links in those threads, but sometimes don't have time.  We'll have to work on re-checking that ALL here, once fully transferred and we have time.

In the "oldest threads" in this section and where I can, or where best, I've included a copy/quote of the opening post (or more) & critical links from the thread as it existed at Hyperboards forum.

I am working backwards from the oldest/farthest-back-viewed-with-post to the most recent.  This will have the threads in mostly-matched-order as was left when we moved here from the old boards in Sept 2011.

~e

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:12:25 AM by ajasfolks2 »
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline Momcat

Re: Threads in this Board
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:35:12 PM »
WoW!  It seems like there ought to be an easier way to do this  :o
DD13 Allergic to Peanuts, outgrew egg, milk 2002.
DS9 Outgrew egg 2012, milk 2005.
Currently Home Schooling

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
Re: Threads in this Board
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 10:48:45 AM »
Using attachments for some threads, yes there may be easier way.  However, (as I understand it) we are limited in how many of those are allowed here, PLUS I've not learned how to do those -- and it means R has to accomplish for me.

Using the quotes with attribution for SCHOOL RESOURCES seemed most prudent in order to keep the discussions mostly-intact -- plus edit-able quickly if need be by a Moderator.  Also maybe better searchability for this board in order to find specific RESOURCE thread doing it this way vs. attachments.

Also -- we really need to "bring CONTENT here so that the hyperboards link-backs can be phased out over time and make us look a lot LESS like a link-farm (which will improve our search rating)"  (I'm quoting AdminCM on that one as we work on this.) 

And, lastly, this level of detail and re-read in the SCHOOL RESOURCES is a level of housekeeping that we likely should have done much sooner.   :hiding:  You know, in our copious free time.   :rofl:

As slow going as it is, I'm having the opportunity to work to connect some threads (even merge as necessary), fix broken links occasionally, and even stumble on magnificent kernels of truth to highlight and cross-post.

Soooo . . . that might explain a bit as to why this section of the board in particular takes TONS of time to add content from prior place.

Nice to "see" you, BTW!   :yes:

Any suggestions or concerns -- let me know!  You may find PMing is easiest way to flag me and get my attention as we work over next weeks months!

~e
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:12:40 AM by ajasfolks2 »
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!