FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: The Rights of Individuals with Food Allergy-Related Disabilities Under the ADA  (Read 2557 times)

Description: US DOJ CRD Disability Rights Section Attorney

guess

All hands on deck.

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/522190154

Citrix is also available in an app for those that want or need to attend via their mobile device.

The Rights of Individuals with Food Allergy-Related Disabilities Under the ADA

This presentation will explore the rights of individuals with allergy-related disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act.  In particular, the presentation will discuss matters resolved and technical assistance published by the U.S. Department of Justice in higher education, child care, and in restaurant settings.  The presentation will include a question and answer session.

About the Presenter:

William Lynch is a Trial Attorney with the Disability Rights Section, Civil Rights Division, U.S. Department of Justice, and has been with the Department for six years. Among other things, he is responsible for investigation, litigation, and technical assistance of matters arising under the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Rehabilitation Act. He has asserted the United States' interests and resolved matters in the following subject matter areas: accessible technology; primary, secondary, and higher education; emergency management; corrections; architectural accessibility; service animal access; and effective communication in courts. Prior to joining the Department, he served as judicial law clerk advising and consulting with judges on the resolution of disputes arising in various types of litigation.

guess

Bumping for registration.  Also adding an amicus brief filed on behalf of a student in graduate school.  Equal access is not an academic decision.  Definitely worth a read.

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
Thanks of the reminder on this . . . trying to work this into my schedule next week.

I will also cross-post this into the college area since it will deal with higher ed and I want to be sure folks see the link for registration!

As always, thank you for keeping us abreast of events like this!!   :smooch:

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
Noting for everybody --

this webinar is

Wednesday, November 12, 2014  1:00 - 2:00 EST

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!